• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Air Venturi Avenge-X .25 cal vs BRK Ghost .25 cal

Why do we argue and entertain this ??? This isn’t or shouldn’t be a secret. You don’t have to spend a lot of money if all you are chasing is accuracy. For the vast majority of us yes an avenger will shoot just as good as a high end gun. That isn’t really why those of us with high end guns buy them. Pick up a ghost or an impact etc etc…then pick up an avenger and the look and feel is night and day. Shoot both and the high end gun is just a nicer experience. Is it worth 4x or whatever the price?? To some of us it is. This phenomenon isn’t just present in airguns but just about any hobby. You pay a lot more for build quality and feel. Just the reality of life. I’m glad you like the avengers ray. They are without a doubt probably the best bang for the buck going but these comparisons really prove nothing.

Just thought of a prime example. A great one. Trap shooting. Do you suppose a 30k shotgun really makes you break more targets than a 2k one ?? I can assure you not but many people still spend 10-20-30+k on a beautiful amazingly built shotgun.

Last edited:
If it is so difficult for you to accept that a relatively inexpensive airgun can perform as well as another that can cost 4 or 5 times its price, this is your problem, not mine. Accept it and take it easy since I am a little worried about your health, since I am afraid that you may suffer a heart attack, Jajajaja 😂🤣😁.
Ray PR, perhaps you could find someone local to teach you about pellet selection, tuning and setting up an air rifle. You know, a mentor. You seem to have so much trouble shooting the BRK Ghost, the same BRK Ghost that is winning matches and setting world records.

I totally agree shoot what you like and enjoy it. This is the same argument on scopes. I promise you a 500 Arken does not hold a candle to a nightforce, zero compromise or tangent theta. You can say what you want but I've owned them all and there is a huge difference in quality and build. Does a guy need a 4,000 scope for hunting/shooting-nope but to me quality is worth it.

The fact that four different pellets were shot in the ghost imply that the shooter did not know it's preference. Shooting pellets a gun doesn't care for doesn't result in the best accuracy. We also do not know the state of tune of the ghost. Badly tuned guns do not shoot their best. I can fully believe that a carefully tuned Avenger shooting it's favorite projectiles will shoot better than a ghost shooting projectiles it doesn't care for using a bad tune for the gun. Doesn't mean much.

I only have one Avenger but I have 3 P35s where were also made in China and are priced similarly. One of my P35s shoots as well as higher priced guns on the 30 yard challenge but the other two do not. I suspect there is a similar range of accuracy in Avengers. I have not shot mine enough to be sure but I think it is closer to my two slightly worse P35s, not the most accurate one.

I would hope that higher priced guns do not have same range of accuracy as less expensive guns. The best of the less expensive may be quite similar to higher priced guns but I hope the worst higher priced guns are not like the worst lower priced guns. I suspect they are not. I also agree about the feel of the Avenger. It isn't even as confidence inspiring as my P35s. But it is still a nice gun with great features for the price.

Ray PR, perhaps you could find someone local to teach you about pellet selection, tuning and setting up an air rifle. You know, a mentor. You seem to have so much trouble shooting the BRK Ghost, the same BRK Ghost that is winning matches and setting world records.
Please give me a break, so according to your personal opinion this airgun it’s supposedly winning a lot of matches, were? As far as I know only one person around the world its having great succes with his BRK Ghost. So it goes without saying that he would have had to practice for thousands of hours to finally be able to win a world championship with this particular airgun. BTW you are correct I may need someone to supposedly teach me how to chose the correct pellets for my airguns and also how to tune them, lol jajajaja 🤣😅😁

IMG_8861.jpeg

IMG_8862.jpeg

IMG_8863.jpeg

IMG_8860.jpeg

Last edited:
Back in the dark ages when I bought my first quality stereo system, the best advice I received was that when one can no longer hear the difference, stop spending money. The gist of that advice holds true for most purchasing decisions.

You can’t appreciate an added value in the Ghost in regard to qualities that matter to you. Great, then Avenge-X is probably the best choice for you. You can stop spending. Others have different criteria or can appreciate the differences. Your values and perceptions don’t make other choices invalid.

That you have to invalidate another option to validate your choice speaks volumes about you.

I say we settle this like men, once and for all!
Both parties should meet at high noon, on Feb. 30th, at a nuetral location, and have a contest!
Maybe go live on YouTube and Facebook, and charge admision to view the event.
We all could post side-bets!
My $$$ is on the Iguana with the Ghost.

Durring this review the Avenge-X was shooting at 87 yards, the BRK Ghost was shooting 8 shots groups with the JSB 33.95 mark II heavy’s, the FX 33.95 and the Umarex Brimstone 33.95 grains pellets at 98 yards. The Avenge-X was shooting with the Impulse Air 26 grain slugs, now compare the size of each groups…👍😉💪. While the Avenge-X was doing 1” inch groups with this 26 grains slugs the groups of the BRK Ghost was all over the place sometimes at over 2” inches 😱😳 despite the barrels of this expensives airguns are designed to shot with pellets. This is why I currently own four Air Venturi Avengers two .22 and two .25 cal and none of this extremely expensive that some airgunners call them “boutique airguns”. Sometimes we can obtain much better results and greater accuracy without the need of spending and arm and a leg in one of this “supposedly eight wonder of the world” high end airguns. The results speak for themselves, you be the judge.

View attachment 431533

View attachment 431534

View attachment 431535

View attachment 431536

View attachment 431537

View attachment 431538

View attachment 431539

View attachment 431540

View attachment 431541

View attachment 431542

View attachment 431543

View attachment 431544

View attachment 431553

View attachment 431554
Maybe you’re more comfortable with a traditional rifle stock, I saw your collection that you have a couple, it’s definitely a learning curve going to a bullpup, it can be as little as a slight “pull down on the grip” that’s opening up groups, or cheek placement, whereas your traditional stock is second nature for you? Either way, I like the results on the Avenge x, keep shooting and posting!

If it is so difficult for you to accept that a relatively inexpensive airgun can perform as well as another that can cost 4 or 5 times its price, this is your problem, not mine. Accept it and take it easy since I am a little worried about your health, since I am afraid that you may suffer a heart attack, Jajajaja 😂🤣😁.
Ray it seems something is being lost in your reading comprehension… I have zero difficulty with the Avengers as I am simply not “interesado” in it at all. Now it “my problem” how so? And you extrapolate to my health. My woman worries about my health, are you one of my women? Dude ¡deja la fiebre ya! You are coming off as one note with your Avenger against the world diatribe…

• Love
Reactions: HKVP9
Back in the dark ages when I bought my first quality stereo system, the best advice I received was that when one can no longer hear the difference, stop spending money. The gist of that advice holds true for most purchasing decisions.

You can’t appreciate an added value in the Ghost in regard to qualities that matter to you. Great, then Avenge-X is probably the best choice for you. You can stop spending. Others have different criteria or can appreciate the differences. Your values and perceptions don’t make other choices invalid.

That you have to invalidate another option to validate your choice speaks volumes about you.
Well said, this Boriqueño comes on here and starts to trash talk about other PCPs because he’s so enamored with his Avengers. So what they can be accurate Ray. But others look for more refinements in their guns, its all good. Now go shoot your Avengers and be happy. You knocking the higher tier gun because of your Chinese wondergun, is not a good look for you…🙏

• Love
Maybe not at 100 yards but I can garrante you, that between 30 and 60 yards any of my two Avenge-X in .25 cal can make the same or even tighter groups with the right pellets than any other high end airgun available in the market, regardless they can cost several times more their price and this is a fact, which is why they are the all time best sellers rifles of all time.
Wow, better groups than “any other high end airgun” available on the market…? Hey Ray! Do you boast much! Eres un chamaco super fiebru…👎

Please give me a break, so according to your personal opinion this airgun it’s supposedly winning a lot of matches, were? As far as I know only one person around the world its having great succes with his BRK Ghost. So it goes without saying that he would have had to practice for thousands of hours to finally be able to win a world championship with this particular airgun. BTW you are correct I may need someone to supposedly teach me how to chose the correct pellets for my airguns and also how to tune them, lol jajajaja 🤣😅😁

View attachment 431928

View attachment 431929

View attachment 431930

View attachment 431931
Yes, those numbers do look good. But I can get good numbers with a lightly tuned Notos. To compare the Notos(Avenge-x) to the Ghost is fallacy. One is a good value and has been fun to tinker with. One is an incredible and impeccably made air gun. Make your choice and lay down your money. Everyone is different

There is no doubt that products like Avenge X and Notos are fantastic and they are wonderful for the sport. Competition at all price levels is great for any industry and its customers. There are high priced offerings and low priced ones in almost all markets. Airguns are no different. The performance as measured by some criteria may be similar but the user experiences are most certainly different. More expensive high end brands generally offer more refined products with better fit and finish or better user interface or more focused on specific purposes. Some people find it worth the extra money while many others don't. There is really no right or wrong, just different.

Reactions: Caliber 22