Air Venturi Avenge-X 22 cal. Pleasantly surprised

If you’ve seen any of my previous posts over the years, you know I’ve had a lot of air rifles of varying quality. Over the last couple, I sold many and lost interest in the sport. I have a couple, but they rarely get shot. I’ve had 3 Avenger in all 3 calibers. They are nice rifles for the money and easy to tune.
Fast forward to last week where I got the bug again and decided to gamble on an Avenge-X in 22. Knowing what expect from the Avenger I decided I would tune it to 18.13 grain and read up on settings and such.
Received the rifle last Saturday and pulled my scope off the Avenger for now and mounted on the new Avenge-X. Filled rifle to 4K psi.
Proceeded to chronograph and sight in. I expected it to have a hotter power setting from factory like the avengers did, but I was excited to see it shooting in the low 900 out of the box. First 5 shot group with JSB 18.13 was ok, but not great, but I know they get better as the barrel breaks in. Shot 4 mags and it didn’t get much better. I didn’t clean barrel yet, so hit it with Ballistol. Shroud came off much nicer than the avengers do. Shot two mags full to reseason barrel. Weird. Not as good as I expected. Then I remembered I had some H&N Barracuda 18.13 which were hit or miss in previous rifles. Pellets stacked at 25 yards. Big smile on my face.
Proceeded to refill with air and shoot some groups. 25 yards was boring so I shot some at 50 yards. Very impressed. Factory tune shot groups in the photo. 5 shot groups. BTW I’ve gotten 5 large capacity mags out of a fill, like advertised.
Your results may vary, but I’m stoked.

PXL_20231111_184624697_Original.jpeg

PXL_20231111_184444837_Original.jpeg

Screenshot_20231104-161538_Original.png

Nice! Thanks for sharing!

I have a .22 Avenge-X on order waiting for the Canadian version (without baffles but with a longer barrel to bridge the gap) to be available.

Still need to decide what stock, wanted the tactical but it does not allow easy access the the hammer spring adjustment so that's a deal-breaker for me.

Good to see that the Avenge-X is preforming well!

Cheers!