• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Availability of Arken Zulus lrf

@HogKiller to freeze the image when zeroing it still needs to be done by a short press of power on the scope it will transfer over to the phone view.

*I suggest checking your mount I have seen a few guys mounting it canted somehow it should look like this.

View attachment 422368
thanks for the power thing will try it, will 2x check the mount. Mount is fine.

Last edited:
I think the 3x12 will be even better for nite ratting! I'm using hold over until my LRF unit arrives. If the rats are close, they are huge! @brawler1588 I had to shim my Zulus as the stock setting at zero MOA was too low and I ran out of height on my elevation!
If it works for you sweet. I got lucky so far being close to center on mine. I do recommend the eaglevision adjustable mount if you are picky and want it dead center. It's an added cost but worked well when I had my pard. Make sure it's the 008s mount.

If it works for you sweet. I got lucky so far being close to center on mine. I do recommend the eaglevision adjustable mount if you are picky and want it dead center. It's an added cost but worked well when I had my pard. Make sure it's the 008s mount.
I had to put the Eaglevisons on my PARD on my Sapsan, 20 moa and it was spot on. I think I'm putting the Zulus on my Jefferson State when I get it. I sort of wanted the LRF but.....because I only shoot 4ish know distances for ground squirrels it may not be an issue, 50 to 125 yards, I'll set some pre-defined zeros and off I go. It'd be extra cool if they could be labeled but...oh well I'll put a dope sheet on my phone.

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I had to put the Eaglevisons on my PARD on my Sapsan, 20 moa and it was spot on. I think I'm putting the Zulus on my Jefferson State when I get it. I sort of wanted the LRF but.....because I only shoot 4ish know distances for ground squirrels it may not be an issue, 50 to 125 yards, I'll set some pre-defined zeros and off I go. It'd be extra cool if they could be labeled but...oh well I'll put a dope sheet on my phone.
You mean the profiles? I have asked them if they could make it so the profiles can be names but nit sure if if can be done.

I have a few 18650 flat tops and went to order a few more. I've always had 3400 mAh and I now see some 9900 mAh batteries. Both sizes are flat tops.
Has anyone used thes higher mAh batteries? They cost the same, are the 9900's even safe?
Mine haven't exploded ..... yet. amazon.com/gp/product/B0CM2ZDPLV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do they last longer, honestly not a clue, haven't tested. But because I've been meaning too....I've got identical flashlights so, I'll put freshly charged batteries in and start timing when I get back this afternoon. Disclaimer, because I've got some squirrel gene's, i.e easily distracted the results will/may be merely advisory and not scientifically repeatable or totally accurate. END of disclaimer

1705166157229.png

Last edited:
Reactions: dens228
Well, I can tell you this in one (two) simple photo(s), confirming what a member said on this forum the 9900's are lying. After 60 minutes.. The 9900 is a fraction of the intensity of the 3200, photo on right 1:15, I'm calling it, have things to do. Luckily I can still return them.

Edit, the 3200 flash light was HOT the 9900 flash light was nice and cool, on the charger the 9900 was at about 3.11v, the 3200 was at 3.66v.

The more I read, the scarier it gets. There are protected and un-protected, the un-protected the skins are the negative, along with the end., they MUST have a shrink wrap on them, the kicker is, from what I can figure out there is no way to tell which is which, except perhaps using a VOM to see if the skin is on the negative side. When storing or carrying, keep them separated in a case.

And....a user elsewhere highly recommends IMREN batteries, you can get protected sleeves and cases from them for a darn good price. imrbatteries.com. I've ordered some to test them out, should have them in a few days.
1705183332731.png
IMG_2669.jpeg

Last edited:
Another quick question since it isn't mentioned in the online manual and I like to be prepped.
Does it take button top or flat top 18650's?
Is there a max size SD card? I've had a few electronic items that will only use them up to a certain size.
It comes with two flattops, charger and an SD card is included…

What worry me with most NV scopes is, they only support 128 GB memory cards ( MAX )
It have been years since 128 GB was the biggest a dascam would take, making me think these NV scopes are build with dirt cheap old components or at least the SOC that power it all.

Today you can get a 4K high end dashcam in the form of the Viofo A229 pro ( 1 CH ) for a little over 200 USD, that sucker pack the latest 4K Sony starvis 2 sensor ( Somy IMX 678 ), and also a very high end SOC inside.
Now of course to change that into a NV scope, you will need another lens than the wide angle one, and i am willing to say that would add some to the price too ( a helluva lot if you go for a high end CUZ then the price are OMG )
Anyway, then you of course also need some ALU and machining done to it, i dont think that's the highest grade ALU they need to use, and machining in China, well its not free of course.
Now the Zulus might use the 1080p brother to the IMX 678, the 1080p one actually have ever so slightly larger Pixels and so is more light sensitive.
But its a far cry price wise from the 8 megapixel IMX678, so lets say that weigh out the cost of the new NV scope lens.

So we are left with machining adding to the cost, and then i get a bit perplexed about the asking price of the Zulus.

Or you can compare to the latest Insta 360 ACE PRO action camera that will do 8 K and have a SOC inside that will do a helluv a lot more than any SOC in a dashcam, but that's still " only" 450 dollars.

Now i am aware that selling NV scopes probably have a smaller audience than say dashcams or action cameras, but still ??

• Wow
Reactions: L.Leon