Av4500 rebuild

Is it this one?
Screenshot_20231008_122529_Chrome.jpg

Mine recently fried its motor and cracked its crank case. I'm parting it out. I had just recently replaced the high pressure piston rings before the motor and crank case failure. Filled my tank maybe twice after replacing them, so they're almost new. can't recall if I still have even more extra rings or if they were my last set. Unless your metal flap valves have failed, the high pressure rings are likely all you need. The bad news is you need three of them and they're like 9 bucks EACH at pyramid air

Last edited:
Do you want to buy parts from me or just get new rings from pyramid air? You need a way to tighten the rings onto the piston. I use small hose clamps. The rings have to be gently stretched out before they'll fit on. I use a pair of needle nose pliers. Gently widen it, a little at a time, turning it around as you go so that it stretches evenly. Then once they're on you tighten it to the piston for a little while with the hose clamps before attempting to re-insert into the water cooled high pressure head. I put a tiny bit of the compressors oil on the rod first to help with that.

Last edited:
You might as well get a couple of sets of those rings to save on shipping cost next time. I'd also go ahead and get a spare small and large reed valve. They also sell a ring install tool that stretches the rings so they can be slipped over the piston and then another piece that compresses the rings into the grooves.
Other than these parts maybe the check valve seals that go into the bottom of the filter tower.

IMG_6148.jpgIMG_5085.jpgIMG_5087.jpg
1696900431335.png

Reactions: Raysfan