Tuning AV Avenger trigger issue

I got an Avenger in .22 last month and with almost 1500 pellets through it I'm quite happy with it. However recently I've noticed the trigger got heavier. Today I took off the stock to see if there was dirt or something that needed to be cleaned but I couldnt see anything wrong. I tried oiling it but this didn't help much. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Ps. This is my first real airgun so I'm new

Welcome to Airgun Nation! In the instruction booklet that came with the gun there are instructions on how to adjust the pull weight of the trigger. Most likely the change is due to all the pieces wearing in after the initial break in. If you look on U tube I think you could find a video on how to do it, it is pretty simple. The main thing to do is to take your time and adjust in smaller increments. If you get the trigger set too light it will not allow you to cock the action or it will be so light that if you bump the gun it will discharge. Please, be cautious as you go thru it. It is an easy gun to work on and the accuracy s great! Enjoy!!

Bruce

I've now rounded the screw with 600 grit sandpaper and polished it with strop. I also put a little bit of grease and released the trigger weight more. Its now smoother and lighter again. My advice to someone who has just gotten an avenger would be to replace the sear screw with a ball tip screw or round it like I did before it scratches the sear.