• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AV Avenger questions??

Do you like Krals? I was thinking about getting a Puncher Breaker and an NP-03. I can't find the NP-03 though.
My wife has a Kral Puncher Mega .22 and I put DonnyFL Sumo in it. She love it so much and didn't let me borrow it. Shoot cheap Crosman HP from Walmart very accurate and quiet at 50yards. It was on sale last year at Pyramid Air for $299.

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
My wife has a Kral Puncher Mega .22 and I put DonnyFL Sumo in it. She love it so much and didn't let me borrow it. Shoot cheap Crosman HP from Walmart very accurate and quiet at 50yards. It was on sale last year at Pyramid Air for $299.
Yeah, they are on sale right now for $349. I ended up going with a Bullboss, but still might get the Puncher Breaker too.

Accuracy wise from an entry level pcp is very impressive from the Avenger. Can you get more if you pay more from a higher end rifle? Sure, but for a starting rifle in the pcp journey the Avenger is fairly tunable and there are several modifications that can be applied, including the trigger. I love my FX rifles but I started with an Avenger. To this day I still don't believe there's a better gun in the same price bracket as the Avenger

I have my Avenger tuned to 9 fps for inside 10 yard shooting as are my custom p-rod and my Skyhawk, all of which are 22’s.

My 25’s, are my favorite Airguns, all shoot cast bullets. I them run close to flat out, 2 Krals, a Kratos I hot-rodded to 60 fps, the Bighorn from Troy is a dedicated slugger that is presently doing 88 fps from a 18 inch tube, with my MPMolds 44.5 grain hp, it will soon be a inter-changeable 2 barreled system sporting a 28 inch, 1-14 TJ 25 auto barrel. I expect it to make 115 fps, but will run it at 100 fps. Those Krals are marvelous and beautiful stocked guns. They are built like tanks and very moddable. My Texan 257 LSS will go supersonic with the 75 grain 258420, so I turn it down just a bit. The goal with my Krals 25’s was always to better 25 acp loads, the Bighorn and the Texan do so with much power to spare, the Kratos gets to 90%. That Texan is very close to starting loads with cast bullets for the 25-20.

Back to my Avenger, it came from Amazon, new with a plastic baffle stack that seems to work very well. Using my soundbox all three 22’s are very quiet. Still curious about the Airhunterpro parts tho.

However my most reliable PCP is my shortened to a carbine, Benjamin Bulldog, it hits 890 fps with a 152 NOE hp. It is handy, never leaks and duplicates a 4 inch 38 special with cast bullets.

Regards,

Roachcreek

Last edited: