• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

AV Avenger questions??

Save up and buy something better. The Avenger is based on the Nova Vista Liberty/Freedom and, although the Novas were tack drivers as to accuracy/precision, the Avenger suffers from some of the same problems, like soft poppets and the design changes I did not like were that they removed the high/low knob to go from ~12fpe to ~20fpe with a simply twist. I also do not like that the barrel/shroud is the same length as the pressure tube as I would have to buy a screw on suppressor to keep the noise level low enough for my needs. At least the Nova Vista models allowed me to make my own "slip on" suppressors for about $5 each. (smile) And yes, they made a HUGE difference!

Yes, the Avengers (Nova Vistas) NEED suppression if you live where your neighbors might complain, as they don't come with shroud baffles and from what I have read and tried/experienced with the Nova Vistas, shroud baffles don't do enough even though the Marauder and Fortitude do pretty good with just shroud baffles... JMHO, YMMV

To each their own, but I definitely recommend you save up and do more research before buying an Avenger or any other air rifle based on the Nova Vista. I wish I could recommend something, but I am still searching for that Unicorn myself. (shrug)

I may be wrong here, but I think the Umarex Origin is based on the Nova Vista design as well... again I may be wrong there.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Hello friends,
I've been thinking about purchasing an Avenger and had a few questions...
1) Should I go with plastic or wood stock? The plastic could be more accurate, but perhaps the wood being heavier would be more stable...
2) Can the trigger be modified for a liter trigger pull?
Thank you :)
1) Wood. The plastic has too much flex.
2) Yes. I have several posts on modifying mine. It can be made pretty darn good but can never be truly outstanding that a trigger snob wouldn't find some fault with. Given its price point its accuracy far exceeds what one might expect but it has some shortcomings.
3) Would I buy another one? Yes, in a NY minute.

Here is my most recent modification:

Thank you gentlemen for taking the time to educate me and for your helpful insight!
I decided to scrub the Avenger idea and instead get a top tier pcp rifle.
Price is not the problem, I just want to make sure it is the right one for me.
Presently I have 2 new springers that are shooting lights out, so I'm not in a hurry.
My criteria is simple... 22 cal, fairly quite and dead accurate at 100 yards. That's all :)

Thank you gentlemen for taking the time to educate me and for your helpful insight!
I decided to scrub the Avenger idea and instead get a top tier pcp rifle.
Price is not the problem, I just want to make sure it is the right one for me.
Presently I have 2 new springers that are shooting lights out, so I'm not in a hurry.
My criteria is simple... 22 cal, fairly quite and dead accurate at 100 yards. That's all :)
Avengers are good kit but if you can afford better you won’t regret it. As I say when buying tools. Buy once Cry once.

Reactions: lsi45
I just ordered the Avenger Bullpup .22 yesterday and it is a price point gun. It's very, very good for the money and from the videos I've seen it's accurate out to 100 yards. I bought it because I wanted a regulated airgun with an extended shot count without spending $1000.00 or more since most of my shooting is limited to my 30 yard range in my backyard. I also own the low budget Beeman .177 UL bullpup and the Kral .22 Puncher Breaker bullpup and find them enjoyable to shoot and accurate although the Kral is wickedly accurate.

I just ordered the Avenger Bullpup .22 yesterday and it is a price point gun. It's very, very good for the money and from the videos I've seen it's accurate out to 100 yards. I bought it because I wanted a regulated airgun with an extended shot count without spending $1000.00 or more since most of my shooting is limited to my 30 yard range in my backyard. I also own the low budget Beeman .177 UL bullpup and the Kral .22 Puncher Breaker bullpup and find them enjoyable to shoot and accurate although the Kral is wickedly accurate.
My Bullpup avenger is very accurate and fun to shoot. 👍🏻 Enjoy

Hello friends,
I've been thinking about purchasing an Avenger and had a few questions...
1) Should I go with plastic or wood stock? The plastic could be more accurate, but perhaps the wood being heavier would be more stable...
2) Can the trigger be modified for a liter trigger pull?
Thank you :)
I have Plastic makes me no difference I like it

An advantage of the original long Avenger with the 3 piece plastic stock is weight. It's only about 6 lbs and thus lighter than the wood stock long gun or the bullpup. It is not a "nice" stock in my opinion but it works. The biggest reason I like my Avenger less than my Prod and P35s is it's length. It is SO long. But many people prefer conventional rifles. But I also do not love the amount of plastic in the construction. Like the rear fitting for the shroud is plastic. The spacer for the barrel about 2/3 of the way up the shroud is plastic. The end cap for the shroud is plastic. There is a plastic cover over the action. Maybe it's just my pet peeve but it makes the gun feel cheap to me. But it is amazing they sell an externally adjustable regulated gun that is accurate at this price.

I put a longer sear adjustment screw on mine and adjusted it to eliminate the first stage. I have a pretty light one stage trigger without creep now. I think it's a good trigger.

I was getting serious about a Crown when I found my first P35. Not much more than an Avenger, probably less than some of them now. Easy to get it quiet without a moderator. Only plastic on it is the stock. Only a little over 5 lbs and under 30 inches long. My 22 is more accurate than my Avenger, my 177 is similar to my Avenger and my P35-25 is less accurate than my Avenger. So overall I would say they are comparable. Trigger needs a longer sear screw and some adjustment and you cannot get rid of the first stage and still have a safety but adjusted the trigger is fine. Scope has to be really high because it is a bullpup and the cocking rod is over top of the barrel. So I have to hold over out to almost 20 yards. That's the only thing I do not like much but any bullpup will be this way, though possibly others might not be a little better. I don't know how they shoot at 100 yards yet, haven't tried them. But I'll be very surprised if the 22 is not better than my Avenger there too. If there is much wind they won't be very accurate but if it's still I expect to see some respectable groups. Slugs would help long range wind drift but the only ones my P35s like are heavy for the caliber and I'd have to turn the regulators up decreasing shot count. I see that as kind of inconsistent with a short, light bullpup. A bullshark has a 1.5 inch longer barrel and should get a little more velocity on it's projectiles.

Reactions: Nattboy
I see on EBay a fellow producing milled aluminum parts, allowing air to travel in to the shroud and other parts one of which adds about 1.5 inches to the shroud, all parts including a milled aluminum item to fix the airtube/shroud flexibility problem.

The parts are touted to quiet the platform and increase accuracy. I have not tried them.

Pyramydair blog featured his items last week. He goes by Airhunterpro.

I trimmed my hammer spring and shoot 14 grain Chp’s at 500-600 fps with mine, it has seen very little use but holds air, however I shoot a couple empty shots before using it due to the fact it is regulated. But it still sounds like a Dime Store being pulled off a cliff by a Ford diesel truck when I pick it up. ;)

Remember even the highly BS marketed FX regulators creep, not to mention their new product that leaks while they ignor emails about the problem.

PCP’s are like British sports cars, it takes two or three to keep one running, unless it is a Kral.

Regards,

Roachcreek

Last edited:
I see on EBay a fellow producing milled aluminum parts, allowing air to travel in to the shroud and other parts one of which adds about 1.5 inches to the shroud, all parts including a milled aluminum item to fix the airtube/shroud flexibility problem.

The parts are touted to quiet the platform and increase accuracy. I have not tried them.

Pyramydair blog featured his items last week. He goes by Airhunterpro.

I trimmed my hammer spring and shoot 14 grain Chp’s at 500-600 fps with mine, it has seen very little use but holds air, however I shoot a couple empty shots before using it due to the fact it is regulated. But it still sounds like a Dime Store being pulled off a cliff by a Ford diesel truck when I pick it up. ;)

Remember even the highly BS marketed FX regulators creep, not to mention their new product that leaks while they ignor emails about the problem.

PCP’s are like British sports cars, it takes two or three to keep one running, unless it is a Kral.

Regards,

Roachcreek
Do you like Krals? I was thinking about getting a Puncher Breaker and an NP-03. I can't find the NP-03 though.