• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Tuning AV Avenger Plenum Removal

Has any managed to safely remove the air plenum from an Avenger? I want to look at extending the plenum before making a new stock for the rifle. I was able to get a tool on the plenum, but it only turns a 1/4 turn before stopping. From the outside I can't see anything stopping it from turning, and I can't find a schematic to see what I'm messing with. I need it out of the gun to do any type of extending safely.

The plenum size of the Nova Liberty and Avenger are pretty similar, but they are mounted quite a bit differently. The Avenger plenum is mounted internally, and I was hoping it would just unscrew like the Nova Liberty, but no such luck on my rifle. I know Duy was gonna look at it more closely when he gets a chance, but was pretty busy at the moment. Was hoping someone had already done it. I might have to tear down the regulator assembly again here in the next couple of weeks and see if I missed something on the inside.

So got a chance to take it apart today. I need to make a video of what I'm doing here. There is a grub screw that can be loosened with a 1.5mm allen, here. 
20201109_1939462.1604980616.jpg

Once you loosen this you can unscrew the plenum cover, here.
20201109_194151.1604980693.jpg

Honestly, a good machinist could easily make a 40cc plenum from aerospace aluminum that would replace this cap, and be unscrewed by hand to depressurized the rifle. Not sure why the manufacturer doesn't already offer one. Gonna start making a few calls. 

Also, as I'm putting it back together, I realize you can access that grub screw just by removing the stock.. Your welcome.

The plenum for Avengers are 15cc. It would run $20 off 2 bills. I dont know if it's worth investing if you are not gunning after power.

@Darkcharisma. Do you spec these to be able to take the whole pressure of the tube, should the seals leak or just the max that the reg is able to produce? It's looking like .095" wall 2024 is capable of the reg pressure max but would need to go up to .120" wall to cover the tube pressure and I would be able to reduce the wall thickness if using 7075 by about 30% to 40%? I'm just using tube as a way to gauge wall thickness needs. This would, as I'm sure yours are also, be machined from solid bar. 

I'm interested in increasing power a little but also making it more efficient.