• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Automatic Transmission fluid to lubricate main spring

It doesn't drip if you use it properly, it's not like I'm suggesting you open the cap and pour it in LOL
Your gun, your project. You asked the question and recieved recommendations from a few guys here who collectively own and/or been inside probably a couple hundred of these things though. Its your choice what to do with that information.

On that note I'm done with this part of the thread. Can we get back to talking about the stuff that matters like terrible candy?

Any candy corn fans here? I actually don't hate those things despite all the negative press they get. Infinitely better than black licorice.

Your gun, your project. You asked the question and recieved recommendations from a few guys here who collectively own and/or been inside probably a couple hundred of these things though. Its your choice what to do with that information.

On that note I'm done with this part of the thread. Can we get back to talking about the stuff that matters like terrible candy?

Any candy corn fans here? I actually don't hate those things despite all the negative press they get. Infinitely better than black licorice.
I happen to like candy corns and black licorice .............................. so there (sticking tongue out and making a low farting noise )

• Haha
Reactions: Sqwirl57
When I was a young man I worked at car dealers as a mechanic. When a newb came to work we would pour a little trans fluid into the throttle body on the car he was working on when he wasn't looking. SMOKE BOMB!
Remember cars with automatic trans with a vacuum modulator that the diaphram was leaking on? BIG smoke bomb going down the road. Smoke out traffic for a 1/4 mile back. Cleans the carbon out of the combustion chamber and valve stems for ya.

No, I wouldn't put that in my springer
;)

I doubt a company that offers lifetime warranties for their rifles is going to sell AND recommend a product that will cause damage. The Mobil transmission fluid should be at least as good as the RWS/Umarex product and it's not going to cause any damage. You can attempt to speak from a position of authority if you choose but you're making this into a problem that doesn't exist and my experiences have nothing to do with luck. I never said it was the best way of lubricating a mainspring, but you imply it's wrong which isn't true. I find it insulting you felt the need to "warn" new shooters about this thread and there is nothing in Mobil transmission fluid that's going to harm a spring piston air rifle in spite of your subjective opinions. A few drops on the spring and spray with an air compressor and you'll have a perfectly lubricated action tube and mainspring, I've done this with my rifle for 23 years and the insides look perfect. I will do as I please with or without your permission.
Whatever dude. Do as you will, even if it's wrong. I don't care what you do. You already know everything. I'm done here. I only wanted to explain things for those willing to listen logical reason. Best of luck to you Grandma.

some person is going to do this and ruin his gun that maybe took a year of mowing lawns to get . 4 pages ridiculous .
How exactly is this going to ruin someone's gun? Explain to me how putting a few drops of spring oil or automatic transmission fluid on a mainspring is going to "ruin an air rifle? Talk about ridiculous LMAO!

I've used spring oil on my 34 ever since I bought it 23 years ago and there's not a spot of rust in the tube and the spring looks like brand new, I brought up the use of transmission fluid because of its properties being equal to or better than the spring oil sold by the people who made my rifle. I get if you don't like the runny aspect of spring oil you can put too much on the spring if you're not careful, but to imply it or transmission fluid will cause mechanical damage to a rifle regardless is total nonsense. The sun didn't shine down on me specifically allowing me to avoid all of these alleged problems I and many others have used spring oil properly for years without any issues. I'm sorry this thread has degenerated into what its become now and I'll never post a thread on this topic again as it's brought out the nasty side of people here I didn't expect to experience based on all of the other threads I've made.

Brilliant enough to use the proper product in the proper place.
I am using the proper product, the company that MADE my rifle sells it and recommends it LMAO The transmission fluid I mentioned is just an alternative to a $14.00 one ounce bottle of a repackaged automotive lubricant. Thanks for the condescending attitude and you know what you can do with your KY jelly 😉 👍