Attention Yong Heng Owners: Does This Valve Look Useful to You?

Last edited:
TAKE A LOOK!
The world's longest link below leads to a Tuxing inline filter with release valve.
It seems to me that if the male foster fitting was replaced with a 1 way foster fitting this would achieve the objective

Next search is for the same thing with a threaded another hole for a pressure gauge

Excellent find! I have never seen a small unit like that with a bleed valve on it. I wonder if anyone here on AGN has one? I am curious as to how thick the walls are. If the walls are pretty thick, you could add a 1/8" NPT threaded hole fairly far away from the bleed valve I would think to add a gauge. Drill and tap it, then give it a coat of epoxy paint to seal off the bare aluminum.

Tuxing is also selling them on Amazon for $40. And another seller has the same item for $36.

I have a cheap ($15) small blue water / oil separator with very thin walls. I don't think it would hold up well with a bleed valve fitting installed that way. I don't like using it over 250 BAR. In fact I am kind of nervous using it the way it is at 250 BAR when I compare it to the wall thickness on the black water / oil filter that came with my Yong Heng and my gigantic Tuxing double tube water separator / filter setup.

Last edited:
Those Amazon finds are pretty good @Geezerhood
Especially if you don't want to wait for Ali Express to get delivered.
FWIW
I have begun to question my own judgement/reasoning about the usefulness of the gauge.
It's not clear to me why it would be needed if the release valve is positioned between the compressor and the large water oil filter(s).

Agreed however, modding the little blue water filters is an accident waiting to happen

Ed

I am OK without a gauge but it would be nice to have one right next to the gun if I am filling guns. No need for a gauge when filling my tank, since it has two gauges already. Probably no need for this part either because the tank has its own bleed valve. I would be putting this item between my gun and the inline shutoff valve as shown in the image, followed by the large water trap so I can disconnect a filled gun, hook up another one, and restart the compressor with no load for the next gun, without losing the pressure in the large water trap.

1669940789874.png

Sorry, guys, I found the link but the item is listed as no longer available. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400....order_list.order_list_main.45.394118026Jnj9A You may be able to use the link to use the algorithm to find other similar sites. That's how I was able to find quality parts at the best prices. Geezer's suggestion could be combined with a screw-in bleed valve like this but I thik that his fitting may be all NPT and this one is M10x1. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329....order_list.order_list_main.40.394118026Jnj9A

Last edited:
Reactions: SilentSquirrel
Sorry, guys, I found the link but the item is listed as no longer available. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400....order_list.order_list_main.45.394118026Jnj9A You may be able to use the link to use the algorithm to find other similar sites. That's how I was able to find quality parts at the best prices. Geezer's suggestion could be combined with a screw-in bleed valve like this but I thik that his fitting may be all NPT and this one is M10x1. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329....order_list.order_list_main.40.394118026Jnj9A

Thanks for looking that up in any case! Too bad they aren't available anymore as it would have made a very compact bleed valve and gauge that you could insert inline pretty much anywhere you wanted.

Though I am not planning on using it, the part I found is available in several thread specifications so you could likely match it up to the threads on the connectors you wanted to use, but they would all need to be compatible with Dowty Washers. Whether it is safe at 4500 psi, I do not know.

I have pretty much decided on going with the small water trap with the bleed valve built in that SilentSquirrel found, mainly for the price and 2nd for not having to buy any other fittings to make it work, with a chance of them not matching up.

FYI - The wall thickness per a message from Tuxing - is about 5.3mm. The wall thickness on the black water / oil filter that comes with the latest Yong Heng compressors is about 7.4mm

1669961485376.png

Last edited:
That looks like a good ready made solution! Thanks for posting it.

Where does one find the check valve part? (Off to search now....)

Edit: Found this on Amazon for $9. As long as it is installed in the correct direction with an appropriate connecter on the threaded end to match up with your hoses, it should do the job, correct?

View attachment 309156

This is exactly what I plan to do, so that I don't have to dump the air in my large water trap every time I shut off the compressor so I can start it back up with no pressure in the line attached to the Yong Heng. It often takes a LOT longer to just fill the water trap to 250 BAR than it does to fill some guns from completely EMPTY to 250 BAR!

If I wanted to fill several guns in a row directly from the Yong Heng rather than my tank, having to bleed the entire system to hook up another gun is a huge waste of time. With these parts on the compressor side of the water trap my filling time will be cut by 50% to 90% with some of the smaller cylinder guns.
I like this idea. After reworking some hose and fill configurations I now see a use for a check valve on my SCBA tank tethering setup. Today I put a male foster fitting on my DIN300 fitting coming out of my scba tank. I don’t like the idea of someone opening the tank valve and causing HPA to rush out of my fill whip.

Thanks for looking that up in any case! Too bad they aren't available anymore as it would have made a very compact bleed valve and gauge that you could insert inline pretty much anywhere you wanted.

Though I am not planning on using it, the part I found is available in several thread specifications so you could likely match it up to the threads on the connectors you wanted to use, but they would all need to be compatible with Dowty Washers. Whether it is safe at 4500 psi, I do not know.

I have pretty much decided on going with the small water trap with the bleed valve built in that SilentSquirrel found, mainly for the price and 2nd for not having to buy any other fittings to make it work, with a chance of them not matching up.

FYI - The wall thickness per a message from Tuxing - is about 5.3mm. The wall thickness on the black water / oil filter that comes with the latest Yong Heng compressors is about 7.4mm

View attachment 310196
I have this filter. It has a check valve. Put color changing dessicant beads in it and a little cotton filter, to make sure what I'm pumping is dry air.

TAKE A LOOK!
The world's longest link below leads to a Tuxing inline filter with release valve.
It seems to me that if the male foster fitting was replaced with a 1 way foster fitting this would achieve the objective

Next search is for the same thing with a threaded another hole for a pressure gauge

For those who are following this thread and considering the Tuxing water / oil filter with the bleed valve that SilentSquirrel posted, they are on sale right now on Aliexpress plus for $20.31 and $23.71 with a micro bore hose. There is an additional $5 off on selected items on Ali for every $40 you spend, and this item qualifies for it, plus another $1 off code in the Tuxing Specialty store if you buy it from them rather than the Tuxing Official store. I ended up getting $80 worth of stuff I was going to buy anyway that qualified for the $5 / 40 x 2 and saved $11 total on the order.

I basically got the Tuxing water / oil filter for $9.31 shipped if all the discounts from the total order were applied just to that. The sale ends on the 9th. Not sure if that is US time or China.

This SCBA fill station is also on sale for $38, and qualifies for the $5 / 40 deal as well if you need one.

Just checked out the Air Tanks Plus link and my mental sketchy site meter started to ping. (Mispellings, broken graphics, etc) Not sure if anyone has ordered from them but I'd personally hesitate based on the shape of their web site.
@txcomp I’ve ordered from them a couple of times and they’re legit. I just haven’t ordered the contraption in my initial post. Photos of a recent purchase are in another thread. The item is an ATP Bagman if you’re interesting in taking a look. Here’s a link to that thread https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/quick-response-scba-tank-bag-58-99-ever-try-one.1278498/

Last edited: