• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Attention Europeans - If you refuse an order from this "merchant": Area419 you lose your money!

I ordered the "Improved Bipod Picatinny Rail (IBR) – Traditional (419-IBR-BK)" for my Taipan Veteran Long 25 cal. Due to the high fees of the courier to represent me to Customs and the customs fee, I had to pay more than $100 over the cost of the rail and I refused the shipment. The shipment returned to them, but due to a delay in this process, the card I used to pay with them expired. The bank renewed my card (my bank account is the same!). When the shipment is returned, they take 20% of the amount you paid...and now they refuse to return the rest. Can they just send me a check - not valid in the European Union or give me credit in their store which is pointless. I asked the bank and the situation is not as they say from Area419! There are other ways to get my money back, but they won't! To me this is a scam to get my money for nothing from them! Beware of such "merchants"!

• Haha
Reactions: woogie_man
This isn't the "merchants" fault. Sorry but this is yours for not reading the terms and services that you agreed to. Ares 419 is a GREAT company and has done right by thousands and thousands of people. I know many people over seas that have done business with them, and they the have zero issues.

Returning the money.....your card has expired and your bank is screwing you. Not 419, your bank should be able to work with you to get this resolved.

Broker service, and import taxes.....you should have checked on this BEFORE you made a purchase.

Restocking fee is quite common at many places. So this shouldn't be a shock, WHEN YOU REFUSED THE PRODUCT!

Sorry but this was your fault and not Area 419. I know now this may be unpopular, but people are getting to damn soft and not willing to take any responsibility any more.

Looks like it's written on their site so not on them. That is unfortunate for you but is what it is. Like said many places have restocking fees. So the 20% is gone. I'm confused but sounds like your not getting the 80%? That definitely is something your bank should work on with them as that is on the bank.

Screenshot_20240511_051723_Chrome.jpg

What I wanted - I said it. However, I will allow myself a few more words...

First I will repeat that I refer to the Europeans, not to you Americans! I buy items from many countries and the fact that there are such practices in your country does not mean that it is like this everywhere - it is not.

Your "GREAT" company wrote to me arrogantly, and as for a way to return the rest of the money to me - there are many ways if you want...

I am familiar with the "20%" and I knew about them, but they are not the problem, but the attitude of your "GREAT" company towards the buyer.

The rest of the money is nothing to me, but I feel obligated to warn people like me not to fall for the likes of Area419. They may also have good products (the tire is good, but for the money only, I bought it from Germany), but the attitude is the most important, at least for me.

There are other and correct sellers of the items I need, so it's not a problem for me.

As for my bank - I was told about many other cases like mine where companies from the USA use these tricks to not return people's money.

My mistake is that I trusted Accu-Tac who recommended Area419 to me, but I have informed them of my situation and they understood me.

Reactions: Airfuture
Well why don't you post your emails to them and them to you, so we can see who's being snarky to who? If you came at them rude out of the gate, you should expect them to tell you to go fugg yourself. I tell customers to pound sand all the time if they get bent for no reason.

Address the situation politely and calmly, and it'll typically be resolved without issue.

"My mistake is that I trusted Accu-Tac who recommended Area419 to me". Sounding more like blame deflection all the time.

Having been a businessman over four decades, I'll speculate the standard 20% restocking fee isn't enough to motivate the sellers to continue wasting their time ("is money") to overcome obstacles preventing them from issuing a refund. A combative attitude likely also isn't motivating them.