Atomic XR 5 shot groups

While I prefer 10 shot groups because they are more taxing on my abilities, for yucks I did a few 5 shot groups in my basement (8 yards or so). I tried two pellets, both JSB: targets 1, 4, 5, 7, and 8 are with JSB Match Jumbo 13.73 unsorted. Targets 2, 3, and 6 are my standard JSB Exact Jumbo 15.89 (for which I tuned the pistol for 702fps). Both shot well, but I can't get more of the match pellets anywhere except Amazon.

F69A83A0-2FCF-4AEC-A253-192EA7FC7CDB.1648665786.jpeg

5 shot groups are easier. But I tend to gravitate to longer strings because of the difficulty. Anyway, I'm happy with how this pistol performs. I can sure feel when I let slip with my hand hold!

@rsfrid, @harv24, makes a good point about the Crosmans. At the distance you're shooting your Atomic, you might be surprised at the performance. I'm currently hitting, consistently, chewed up black walnut husk from 25 to 50 yards with Crosman Premier Domes. The Atomic is simply blowing me away and is quickly becoming my main pester/plinker. 

@rsfrid, @harv24, makes a good point about the Crosmans. At the distance you're shooting your Atomic, you might be surprised at the performance. I'm currently hitting, consistently, chewed up black walnut husk from 25 to 50 yards with Crosman Premier Domes. The Atomic is simply blowing me away and is quickly becoming my main pester/plinker.

I'll try some tomorrow (I think I've got some).

I tried CPHP 14 gr, Crosman 19 gr., my go-to JSB 15.89, and the JSB match wadcutters. The Crosman 19 gr wouldn't chamber (head and skirt both too fat). Below are the targets - 5 shots each group.

A8973BAD-FA81-4DDE-BAB5-AF1B5D99BE7E.1648738713.jpeg

The CPHP are probably good plinkers or pesters, but target bullseye rounds they are not (in my gun). The best are still the JSB. With good, controlled handhold I shoot one hole groups easily.