ATN X-Sight 5

I requested an RMA for a refund for the X-Sight 5 yesterday. Still waiting for the return label. I contacted them on Wednesday and asked again about the firmware update and app and was told they still had no ETA. So, this one's going back and I'll wait on a refurb! I have 2 4K Pros that were refurbs and have had zero issues with them!

Reactions: Ronin001 and qball
I requested an RMA for a refund for the X-Sight 5 yesterday. Still waiting for the return label. I contacted them on Wednesday and asked again about the firmware update and app and was told they still had no ETA. So, this one's going back and I'll wait on a refurb! I have 2 4K Pros that were refurbs and have had zero issues with them!

That blows! I like to support American companies but ATN seems to be poorly managed, PARD is surpassing ATN already while being far more reliable.

That blows! I like to support American companies but ATN seems to be poorly managed, PARD is surpassing ATN already while being far more reliable.
It’s sad, I like the two 4K Pro scopes I have, but was hoping for better resolution and smoother slo motion video. I’m its current form, the Gen 5 has neither. Hopefully they will get the bugs worked out. Once they do, there should be a heap of them showing up as refurbs and maybe I’ll try again then. For now, they are just too far behind the power curb to be taken seriously!

Last edited:
Reactions: qball
Well I just unboxed my x-sight 5. It's a pretty impressive piece of equipment when you first boot it up. After 5-10 hard resets because it locks up, I got a little frustrated. I finally figured out how to change the focal range and I'm comparing it to my 4k scope. At max distance, the 4k seems a little bit better. My neighbor is 220yards away and I can see the license place on both scopes. With the 4k, I can see that there is black lettering. With the 5k, I can't even see that yellow license plate has black lettering.

I'm on the fence between the 4k and 5 but I'm still leaning towards the 5. Mostly because the 5 will eventually have updates that even better where as I can't see the 4k getting any more performance improvements.

Last edited:
Hopefully, but unfortunately, there is no ETA as to when it or the app will be available! I'm guessing they aren't finished with their Beta testing yet...
My whole hardly agree with that. But my question is if they're still beta testing why are they charging customers for supposedly a finished product? Seems like ATN as well as many other companies or at release products before their time, or make false claims on features that they never deliver upon.

When I was younger I used to buy products and value the claims of new features in the future. But over time I realized that almost none of the new features ever materialized so I discount anything that doesn't currently work and buy according to that.

Reactions: qball
That's why I sent mine back for a refund. I gave them 30 days on this last (and 3rd) X-Sight 5, but since it's still not up to standards and there is no ETA for a firm fix, I figured I'd get my money back before it's too late... I'll keep an eye on things and after they finally release a fix and it's proven it works, I'll consider purchasing agin. Next time, it will probably be a refurb that's been gone over by a Tech and checked out. Sad they are using paying customers as test dummies when it's pretty obvious these they aren't really ready for public release.

Reactions: LONESTAR .25
Each one I was sent got progressively better, but none met my expectations or the claims made on any of the videos or their website. I'm sure they will eventually get the bugs worked out and it will be as good as or better than the 4K Pro, but until then, all 3 went back and I'll wait for the refurbs.
I request RMA for refund a month ago and no response. Resent it again and attempting to talk to someone right as I type. ( Been waiting 15min for someone). LOL

I request RMA for refund a month ago and no response. Resent it again and attempting to talk to someone right as I type. ( Been waiting 15min for someone). LOL
I'm still waiting on my refund to show up. Kinda frustrating how they can grab your money in a matter of minutes, but it takes 7-10 days for them to give it back to you! It's PayPal, it should work just as fast in both directions!

I reached out to their support service back on 6/27 regarding a focus issue with my scope. I have yet to receive a reply. It would be nice if something could provide their support services with this thread information so they have an idea of the issues we're facing as well as provide a method to actually speak with a human being.

That said, I have had good luck with my x-sight 5 so far. I've figured out how to set the focus distance and it only locks up every 5-10 minutes...which is at least progress. I haven't done anything advanced with the system other than put in a high speed microSD card. I am going to error on the side of the system being completely beta (or even alpha) in terms of development and get very excited when a feature actually works.

Ok, back to lots of problems.

1.) Upon power up and initial zoom, the reticle jumps from the stock position to the position you've set when zeroing the gun in. For me, it's a noticable jump. Look at the attached youtube video.

2.) Lock ups...this thing really loves to lock up! Fortunately you can still see the sights but none of the features work and you have to hold the power button for 15 seconds.

3.) Record causes lock ups 80% of the time for me.

4.) Clarity of the video recordings is garbage. Again, look at the video attached. The reticle is crystal clear when I look through it but the video is blurry.

I keep looking every day for a firmware update...nothing today.

Apparently all of these are known issues and they're working on them. The firmware release that was coming soon was purchased back for rework as it failed their testing. They also warned me that night vision zeroing did not carry over from the day mode so I should make two profiles. It is nice to know that they're at least aware of them and working on fixes.

I called 1-650-989-5100 if anyone else is looking for the number. No one ever responded to the email I had sent them a while ago.

Last edited:
I got mine returned today. It's the same one as I sent in. I will have to say that the focus is much better. I have to site it in tomorrow at the range (closed on Mondays) and will take pictures and videos and report back. I did video for 5 seconds and changed the reticle, but nothing else. It was on for maybe 15 - 20 minutes with me looking around, zooming in and out and focusing. The scope did not lock up, but then again I really didn't do squat. LRF seemed to work correctly for 10 or so times I tried it. Will put the IR on tonight and look around.

Reactions: SlimPlinkins
Took the Gen 5 and sited it in on my .25 K1. At 25 yards the target was somewhat clear but nothing like any of my glass scopes - no comparison unlike the old 4k that was as clear as some of my "cheap" glass scopes. At 50 yards it was fuzzy no matter what I did. And the image had a dark contrast to it making it harder to see (I didn't increase the brightness - it was on "stock"). The LRF worked fine although it disagreed with my Maven range finder by a few yards at each distance. Once ranged in at 25 and after zeroing, I was able to put 5 quick pellets in the same hole. Ranging in at 50 had good results considering the fuzzy view. I will wait for the firmware upgrade to see if that has any effect as it should be coming along next month. Still very disappointed.

Here's another look at the Gen 5 at 15x. The first target is at 25 yards and the second is at 50. You can see me trying to focus it in. This is as clear as I could get it. The scope is on my K1 .25 caliber and I zeroed it in initially at 25 yards. You can see the yardage change as I use the LRF - no other clue even though you see the red arrows when you actually use the LRF. The recording is pretty much what I saw through the scope. As you can see, the LRF is pretty accurate. I shot 7 shots at 25 yards and 11 at 50 yards. I took the raw file and used VLC to convert it to video for youtube to reduce the size, otherwise no alterations to the video. I was shooting with a bag on the front and just shoulder on the rear. I will wait for the firmware upgrade as I really hope they will improve the view.

Last edited:
Reactions: NERVOUS
Here's another look at the Gen 5 at 15x. The first target is at 25 yards and the second is at 50. You can see me trying to focus it in. This is as clear as I could get it. The scope is on my K1 .25 caliber and I zeroed it in initially at 25 yards. You can see the yardage change as I use the LRF - no other clue even though you see the red arrows when you actually use the LRF. The recording is pretty much what I saw through the scope. As you can see, the LRF is pretty accurate. I shot 7 shots at 25 yards and 11 at 50 yards. I took the raw file and used VLC to convert it to video for youtube to reduce the size, otherwise no alterations to the video. I was shooting with a bag on the front and just shoulder on the rear. I will wait for the firmware upgrade as I really hope they will improve the view.

What resolution are you recording at?