ATN X-Sight 5

Here is a quick video recorded at the 120 FPS speed. I did slow the shot down to 10% of the original speed during post production. IMO, the video is not near as clear as my 4K Pro recording at the same speed. Also, the audio doesn't seem to be working on the Gen 5 scope.

Thank you for sharing this video, appreciate it.

The display shows 10x zoom at a range of 37 yards, but I'm curious... Does the real-time video you see (while looking through the scope) match the quality of the resulting video output, or is one clearer than the other?

Also, from a scale perspective, what kind of animal were you aiming at?

All the best.

Thank you for sharing this video, appreciate it.

The display shows 10x zoom at a range of 37 yards, but I'm curious... Does the real-time video you see (while looking through the scope) match the quality of the resulting video output, or is one clearer than the other?

Also, from a scale perspective, what kind of animal were you aiming at?

All the best.
That shot was at a rat and was actually 50 yards. You set the distance displayed manually and that was the distance at which I zeroed the scope. IMO what you see while looking through the scope isn't as clear as the video, so it's hard to get the focus really dialed in. It's actually easier to focus when in NV mode than it is in daylight mode, probably due to the greater contrast with a black and white image.

Well, ATN is sending me another RMA. They want me to try one more and if it's not working as advertised, then they will issue a 4th and final RMA for a refund.

There were fewer issues this time, but still issues. This is a summary of what I found with this scope:

1. RAV does not work.
2. RAV Calibration does not work, i.e. the circle around the number does not blink and it does not record velocity. Also, there is no reticle on screen when in RAV Calibration mode. This seems somewhat dangerous since you can’t pinpoint POI. There is a reticle when calibrating the RAV on the 4K Pro.
3. Audio is not recorded with video when recording in 1440P and 4K resolutions. It will record audio in 2K resolution. (see samples below)
4. The internal screen is very low resolution making it extremely difficult to focus, especially in daylight mode.

Before I boxed it up, I did a 3 quick videos of the 3 different resolutions. Here they are for comparison"

This is 1440P at 120FPS. All were recorded at 10X Zoom and the shots are taken at 37 yards.

This is 2K at 60FPS. This is the only resolution that captured audio along with the video.

This is 4K at 30FPS. This is much clearer than the other two, but what I see on the screen inside the scope is roughly equivilent to the resolution you see on the 1440P recording. It makes it very difficult to get the best focus because it's never really in focus, regardless of the resolution it's set at.

Maybe the third time will be a charm, but I'm not holding out too much hope!

My scope also arrived today.
20230526_150707.jpg

I feel that the visual quality is an improvement, although not a jaw dropping improvement. Being a city slicker, I got to wait until tomorrow to get to the range to Zero the scope.

I'll spend some time playing with it and creating a new reticle as I eagerly wait to get to the range in the morning.

X-Sight 5 #3 arrived today. Thus far, it's the best one yet, but it still has issues. Audio still isn't working when recording at 4K and 1440Pand the RAV still will not calibrate so no way to get it to work with a PCP, which means no access to one of the main reasons I wanted this scope and that's the ability to record at 240 FPS!

The Firmware is the same version as the last one, but the resolution on screen is better than the last one. I'm going to play with this one for a week or so before I decide if I'll send it back for a refund. During that time, I hope they will release a firmware update and the ATN Connect 5 App.

Here are three video I recorded with the most recent scope. Same conditions as the last 3 videos, 37 yards at 10X in all three resolutions. The scope is mounted on my .22 cal Huben k1.

This is recorded at 1440p at 120 FPS. No audio was recorded.

This is recorded at 2K at 60 FPS. As before, this is the only resolution audio was recorded.

This is recorded at 4K at 30 FPS. This is the best recording yet!

The better screen resolution on this scope helps focus better so these videos are a bit crisper and clearer than those I previously recorded with the last scope. It's slowly getting better, but IMHO it's not yet ready for public release!

Reactions: qball and NERVOUS
I spoke with Oliver at ATN this morning, he said they are waiting to release the Connect 5 App at the same time they release a firmware update to fix all the bugs. He had no firm date, so the wait continues. He also said they have received a lot of feedback about the 240 FPS recording only being available with RAV, so hopefully that will become a recording option under the video resolution dropdown when the firmware is released.

I also spoke to him about RAV not working on any of the PCP's I've tested it on, mainly the Huben K1. RAV works very well on that rifle with either of my 4K Pro scopes mounted, so hopefully, calibration sensativity will be tweaked so the Gen 5 works as well as the previous model.

He said they are also aware of the issue of audio not recording when recording in 4K and 1440P resolutions So, if all these issue are addressed in this firmware update, it should be a pretty significant update! Now, should they had waited to release the scope untill the App and firmware updtae were released, well, yeah! WTH were they thinking?

I spoke with Oliver at ATN this morning, he said they are waiting to release the Connect 5 App at the same time they release a firmware update to fix all the bugs. He had no firm date, so the wait continues. He also said they have received a lot of feedback about the 240 FPS recording only being available with RAV, so hopefully that will become a recording option under the video resolution dropdown when the firmware is released.

I also spoke to him about RAV not working on any of the PCP's I've tested it on, mainly the Huben K1. RAV works very well on that rifle with either of my 4K Pro scopes mounted, so hopefully, calibration sensativity will be tweaked so the Gen 5 works as well as the previous model.

He said they are also aware of the issue of audio not recording when recording in 4K and 1440P resolutions So, if all these issue are addressed in this firmware update, it should be a pretty significant update! Now, should they had waited to release the scope untill the App and firmware updtae were released, well, yeah! WTH were they thinking?

Did they(ATN) make you get another replacement scope or did you opt to not returning it?

Took mine on a trip with no back up scope knowing atn with new releases I should have and well yes it was a disaster.

Last edited:
There was once a saying "release no product before it time." ATN seems not to follow that saying.

I read reviews of their previous products crashing and locking up usually when trying to remote view over wifi on another device while capturing live video requiring a power cycle to regain function. In my previous life I wrote a lot of software and firmware for many computers and embedded systems. The problems were systematically common when the product doesn't have enough compute power, memory or I/O bandwidth to provide all of the functions requested. Poor system design leads to the lockup. Where no resources are reserved to process any user buttons. A robust design always allows user inputs to function even in the worst cases and if that can't be achieved you must remove functions until it is.

I read a complaint / feature request of why a competitor Sightmark mini didn't have wifi capabilities. I figured they didn't add it because to hit the price point it wouldn't work worst case so they didn't make it.

For me... They do not offer LRF and possible bonus of ballistic software.

This is why I still look at ATN with interest despite all the problems. The LRF with ballistic calculation is very useful as it is impossible to judge distances at night and the reticles are not FFP style so no way to quickly determine the hold over.

I agree with @qball. I have a Gen5 and am waiting for the firmware upgrade. The old LRF was a lot quicker than the one on the Gen 5, but this one seems to have the same accuracy, although my range has been sub 50 yards with it where I had the old one going past 100 yards. If the firmware upgrade does not solve some of the problems, I will go down the @FLgunner route and ask for an RMA...

Reactions: qball
This is why I still look at ATN with interest despite all the problems. The LRF with ballistic calculation is very useful as it is impossible to judge distances at night and the reticles are not FFP style so no way to quickly determine the hold over.
The Mil Spec recticle is FFP like, so you can use traditional holdovers if you like. I sometimes do that with my X-Sight 4K, but have not tried yet on my X-Sight 5.