ATN X-Sight 5

Have you tried to calibrate the RAV? It appears you have to use RAV to record at 240 FPS, but mine would not even calibrate! It doesn't work perfect on my 4K Pro, but at least I can calibrate it. Gettng it to work is another story... Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't! I just typically press record before taking a shot.

I hope they make it to where you can choose 240 FPS as a record option in a future firmware update. You'd think if it's capable of recording at that speed using RAV, it should have the capability to record at that speed using the record button.

Have you captured any video with it? Mine would lock up when I pressed record. I was able to take a couple stills, but was never able to get a video I could compare to the 4K Pro to see the difference.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
I have not tried RAV yet. I agree with all your points.

Here is a picture @10x. I deleted the movie as it did not convert correctly. I'll try again. I will do some NV work tonight with pictures and video. The picture below is as focused as I could get it.

15x.JPG

Last edited:
What I think we are seeing here is the anti-aliasing filter/algorithm to try and smooth out the pixelation of the digital zoom. Remember, anything other than base magnification on the ATN scopes is digital zoom. I think they are trying to improve the zoom quality so it looked better than the 4K Pro. It's a mixed bag of course, smooth/soft or pixelated/digitized.

Were you able to upgrade to the Gen 5? If so what madel are you trading in and what are your trading for? I saw their upgrade program on their website but the only models available for upgrade were the 4K Pro models! I have a Thor LT that I'd like to upgrade to a Thor LTV so I have video capability, but those weren't listed either. I tried calling, but it just goes to voicemail.

I did ask how long it would take to get one through Chat and was told all order for the Gen 5 would ship on May 25th, for whatever that's worth...
I upgraded my lt 320 thermal that was refurbished and got 900.00 for trade in on it and got LTV thermal 640 sensor quite a bit clearer on all power levels 3-9 power which also has several step zooms different color pallets my lt 5-10 power only had one zoom it was either 5 or 10 power

I spoke to a rep last week and sent them my receipt for the 160 LT but have never heard back. They were supposed to get me a quote of the trade value of the 160 last Friday. I followed up yeasterday and still nothing... Seems their reps are a crap shoot, sometimes you get a decent one and other times you get nothing!

Mine focused a little better, but now much. Here are 2 pictures I took:

View attachment 357032

This is at 10X

View attachment 357033

This is 5X. The fence is 37 yards away, the concrete bait station the reticle is supposed to be focused on is 50 yards away.

Images look pretty sharp, have you tried a small aperture for the objective lens? Usually it sharpen the image up very nicely and reduce focus sensitivity.

Images look pretty sharp, have you tried a small aperture for the objective lens? Usually it sharpen the image up very nicely and reduce focus sensitivity.
Yes, I had an old lens cap and drilled a hole in it like I did for the 4K Pro, but it didn't really help much. I'm still waiting to get a shipping notification for the replacement.

Reactions: qball
Yes, I had an old lens cap and drilled a hole in it like I did for the 4K Pro, but it didn't really help much. I'm still waiting to get a shipping notification for the replacement.

Bummer! Maybe a smaller peep hole? Given this supposedly a bigger and more ensuring sensor it might need less light.

How does the new scope weight compared to the old 4k pro? My old 4k pro was so heavy it was unpleasant to shoot so I sold it. If it is about the same weight with laser range finder as the LTV models then I might have to try one.

Bummer! Maybe a smaller peep hole? Given this supposedly a bigger and more ensuring sensor it might need less light.

How does the new scope weight compared to the old 4k pro? My old 4k pro was so heavy it was unpleasant to shoot so I sold it. If it is about the same weight with laser range finder as the LTV models then I might have to try one.
The impression I got was the Gen 5 needed more light! The Gen 4 has a 50mm optic, the Gen 5 I believe is only 40mm or maybe 44mm, I don't have it anymore to measure it, but it looked smaller than the 4K Pro. There is no mention of the optic size of either on the websight. When I drilled the cap (same diameter hole I use on my 4K Pro) it was considerably darker, even after I brightened the screen to 5.

As for weight, it's still heavy compared to a regular scope. I did not actually weight it and my 4K to compare, but per specs on ATN's website, the 4K Pro is something like 2.2 lbs and the Gen 5 is 2.1 lbs, so not a lot of difference.

The impression I got was the Gen 5 needed more light! The Gen 4 has a 50mm optic, the Gen 5 I believe is only 40mm or maybe 44mm, I don't have it anymore to measure it, but it looked smaller than the 4K Pro. There is no mention of the optic size of either on the websight. When I drilled the cap (same diameter hole I use on my 4K Pro) it was considerably darker, even after I brightened the screen to 5.

As for weight, it's still heavy compared to a regular scope. I did not actually weight it and my 4K to compare, but per specs on ATN's website, the 4K Pro is something like 2.2 lbs and the Gen 5 is 2.1 lbs, so not a lot of difference.

Thanks! You saved me $1000 bucks!!! 👍😂😂

LOL! Do I get a commission from that non-sale, cost savings??? JK! Keep in mind, it went back for multiple issues. I'm hoping the replacement will have ALL those issues fixed, or I'll be requesting a refund and see the same savings! 😁 I went for this one because I wanted higher resolution video and faster record speeds. I'm already disappointed that the 240 FPS record speed is only available while using RAV (recoil activated video), which is hit and miss on my 4K Pro when shooting PCPs. That alone was the biggest reason I wanted the Gen 5. I could not get the Gen 5 to even go into the RAV calibration mode, so I wasn't able to see if it's been improved over the 4K Pro or not. The manual claims if was tested on several PCPs and works. Since RAV never worked, I have no idea what resolution it's recording at 240 FPS and still don't understand why they would have only made it available while using RAV! But, that should be an easy fix in a firmware update, since it apparently does have the capability of recording at 240 FPS.

• Haha
My replacement scope arrived today. This one works better than the last one, but still has some issues. I was able to zero this one before the rain started, but have not had a chance to record a video yet. Tomorrow promises to be better weather.

The RAV still will not calibrate, so it's not working, so no ability to record at 240 FPS for clear slo-mo! Focus and clarity is better than the last one, but still now as clear as my 4K Pro, which is pretty disappointing since the hype was all about the better sensors and higher resolution! Hopefully, they will release a firmware update to address the RAV issues and make recording at 240 FPS available outside the RAV function!

Tomorrow I will attempt some videos at different resolutions and will post the results.