ATN X-Sight 5

Anyone tried it yet? Seems to have a lot of new features and will record at 240 FPS! I'm not sure at what resolution, but it should at least be 1080. I've watched a couple videos and chatted with ATN's so called Optics Experts, but I wonder how much they really know about their products! They are claiming 100% faster speeds and a quad core processor with 14 hour battery life, so it sounds like it should be a big improvement over their current model.

For example, the 4K Pro only records at 30 FPS in NV mode, the Optics Expert said it will record in 120 and 240 FPS in NV mode. This would be awesome if true, but I haven't been able to confirm this. The one video I saw of a night hunt still looks like 30 FPS to me. The Manual references High and Low mode for NV recording, but does not specify the actual resolution of frame rate.

Another unknown is the 240 FPS. The Shot Show video states it will record at 240 FPS Slo-mo when using the recoil activated record mode, but i't unclear if this record speed can be selected and at what resolution it's being recorded. The recoil activated recording function is iffy at best when shooting a PCP, so if that's the only way to record at 240 FPS, I'm not so sure how pratical it will be for air gunners.

I'm hoping to see more videos as they make their was into the field.

Waiting on my "upgrade:" I sent them the scope and the money but I have been getting a bit of the "runaround" on when I will receive it. At first it was "heavy orders, maybe a week to 10 days" then I inquired again and it went up to 3 weeks due to heavy demand. I ordered it the day it came available so I can't quite believe there were 100s of orders in before me! I think it was more a case of "let's get some money in ASAP and ship when we're ready!" It would have been nice to keep my 4k rig going until it got here, but that's not how they want to do it.

Were you able to upgrade to the Gen 5? If so what madel are you trading in and what are your trading for? I saw their upgrade program on their website but the only models available for upgrade were the 4K Pro models! I have a Thor LT that I'd like to upgrade to a Thor LTV so I have video capability, but those weren't listed either. I tried calling, but it just goes to voicemail.

I did ask how long it would take to get one through Chat and was told all order for the Gen 5 would ship on May 25th, for whatever that's worth...

Yes I called: 1-650-989-5100 and was able to do the upgrade over the phone.

I traded in a 4K Pro 3x14 for the Gen 5 3x15 with lrf (I had the ABL that I sold separately as there is no upgrade for it)

I'm not holding my breath!
I looked at their upgrade program again. If I traded my 3-14X 4K Pro for a 5-20X 4k Pro (essentially the same model just different magnification) I'd get a whopping $160 credit for my 3-14X 4K Pro! It works perfectly and I could probably get twice that selling it myself! I can find the same 5-20X 4K Pro on sale at Optics Planet for what they'd sell me one with my trade in. Going through Optic Planet [or DVOR] seems I could get it for the same price and keep my 3-14X scope. It doesn't seem like much of a deal to me. Did they offer more when you called them?

I believe I got around $460 credit. I bought mine directly from them at a gun show in November. I actually got a deal on it at the show, so overall the trade in wasn't bad and that's why I went ahead and did the trade-in. They had to "figure out" how much trade-in I would get. It wasn't like they had a simple formula or lookup sheet, so I'm not sure how they decide on "your" trade-in value.

TBH, I like the Pard lrf with the 2nd small, different color reticle that shows you where to aim versus the changing of the main reticle each time like the ATN. Once you use use the ATN ABL, you have to use it every time or it stays at the last distance, which I forgot once and wonder where the hell the pellet went! The Pard reticle stays at your zero. I'm guessing that the "attached" lrf works the same way. It did work well, but that was an inconvenience.

That is a much better deal! I may have to give them a call and see what they say. I had one of ABL's/LRF's, I believe it was the 1500. I used it a couple times but didn't really find it that useful for my shooting. I'm more interested in the non LRF 5-25X model, which would be an upgrade from my 3-14X 4K Pro. What model did you trade?

The value I got was from using their drop down list on their website, but it didn't even offer the Gen 5 as an upgrade option! If I could get $460 credit for my 3-14X 4K Pro, I'd be very tempted to trade also!

That's why I called - no Gen 5 on the site! As above, I traded a 4K Pro 3x14 for the equivalent gen 5 (same as you have). I use mine for night pesting and some day pesting at well under 100 yards, so I didn't go up to the 5-20. I have (had) it setup on a .22 BRK X Sniper for night and it was my dedicated night shooter and have other guns for longer range shooting with analog scopes!

FedEx shows my ATN Gen 5 scope is out for delivery. FedEx shipping details show the package is 15X18X5 and weighs 6 lbs!!! Not sure what else is in the box since the advertised weight of the scope is supposed to be under 2 lbs! I can't imagine the packaging weighs 4 lbs... I guess this mystery will be solved when it's delivered...

Reactions: qball
Do one at a time! I don't think they care about how many but combining might throw them for a loop! LOL
I called Monday, they said the Thor LT qualified for the upgrade program and had me e-mail a copy of my receipt. I was supposed to hear back from them with a trade value on Tuesday, but nothing yet.

Their website showed my 3-14X 4K Pro was only worth $160.00 credit, so I'm just going to keep it, it still works perfectly and is worth more than that to me!

Reactions: qball
Yea, I was really shocked when I received the notification it had shipped! I wasn't expecting them to start shipping until after the 25th! I just hope they sent me the Gen 5 and not the older model and I end up with a hassle trying to return it! :mad:

Can't wait till it's delivered so I can see if I actually got what I paid for! Of course, I'm now a prisoner in my own home waiting on FedEx since it requires an adult signature! They gave a time window of 10:20 to 2:20... Nothing yet...

• Wow
Reactions: N2 Shooter

For example, the 4K Pro only records at 30 FPS in NV mode, the Optics Expert said it will record in 120 and 240 FPS in NV mode. This would be awesome if true, but I haven't been able to confirm this. ...
When I looked in the manual, it still says that 120fps is for daytime only. They don't mention 240fps anywhere in the manual, so it seems like this was a last minute upgrade before marketing videos went out.