ATN X-Sight 5: Why Has Thou Forsaken Me?

Here's is something very interesting. I have been saying that my Gen 5 would not focus correctly. This gentleman figured out why and somewhat shows the problem (but not how to fix it). The most interesting part is that an "admin" presumably at ATN stopped the comments on this post! Not a very customer conscience action! I sent mine back for the 3rd time and said "do not send the same unit back to me again!" I will try once more...
1697123385973.png

Last edited:
Here's is something very interesting. I have been saying that my Gen 5 would not focus correctly. This gentleman figured out why and somewhat shows the problem (but not how to fix it). The most interesting part is that and "admin" presumably at ATN stopped the comments on this post! Not a very customer conscience action! I sent mine back for the 3rd time and said "do not send the same unit back to me again!" I will try once more...
View attachment 396099
Yeah, that group is funny. I have had some things I posted there get simply eliminated, and I have even been full out booted from the group a few times! Now, every post I do has to be approved by an admin.

I believed this would possibly be a reason that some users had horrible focus issues and others did not, but I am glad someone did the work to actually prove that this was truly the issue.

So I know I kinda went dark for a min but it also took an a hot minute to recognize the problem I was having (focus issue) all set and done I had to send it to them four times luckily they paid for shipping on all of it (and sent me a free T-Shirt) anyway I ended up uploading a recording of what was going on I'll attempt to link it at the bottom of this post. I also sent this video to ATN and they said yeah that's weird shouldn't be doing that then they finally told their shipping QC manager to check my “new” scope before it was sent out the new I received has a different physical serial number as well as actually has a serial number in the firmware. It works great it is also on 476 firmware. I think another point worth noting is ATN recommends I think 30in lbs on the rig screws that tighten down on the scope body. I wouldn't do that, tighten them down evenly until the scope is snugg but if you over tighten them I think there may be some physical zoom in the scope that can be damaged. But I wouldn't say that was the cause of my issue because at one point they sent me a new scope definitely different than my first one. I took it out of the box charged it, changed the model version to make sure it was correct press record and zoomed in and that is the video that is in my youtube. I hadn't mounted the scope or nothing so no clamping force had caused it. Long story short if you get the scope the first thing you do pull it out of the box charge it, go in the settings change the model to the correct model, Power it off and back on and immediately zoom in if it strays off from where your reticle was put it back in the box and call ATN. If you feel so inclined link them my youtube video and tell them that's what's happening.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
I originally traded in my 4k Pro for the X-sight 5 LRF.
After zeroeing and turning on the Ballistics calculator...when you you zoom in an out the reticle changes position.

I sent my ATN X-sight 5 LRF back 3 times and it still came back with an issue.
After the 3rd time....Looking for an alternative now.

It is on firmware .476 and the serial is 4-0-40.

They are willing to let me return it for a measly credit of less than $700.....they have never offered to replace it with a new one.

Very disappointing.....love the features and form factor.

Come to think of it.....there is a the lemon law of 3 returns....maybe I will try to get them to replace it instead of just return it,.

Has anybody had any luck getting the actual scope replaced?
Is it possible the new hardware was a problem…..or is it across the board?

P.S. excellent video n2
Thanks for your kind words on my video!

I believe my scope was replaced because of the different serial number. It's possible just the internal circuit board was changed out instead of the whole scope, but I have no way on knowing for sure.

@dogbreath777 Mine was replaced on the 4th try. I kept my old serial number and when the return came back, it had a new number and the latest firmware. It was definitely clearer than the one that was "fixed" 3 times, but still too "fuzzy" for my old eyes to use. And I have a PARD NV008s-LRF to compare it to and the PARD was very clear at it's 2 levels compared to the ATN at the same levels. Both are very touchy when it comes to focusing, but I could not get the ATN clear enough for me to use. I will say that it was better at night, but the focus problem really showed up in the day.

I just got my X-Sight 5, it came with .476 fw installed so didn't need to update. I have been getting a green hue, kind of like the old night vision scopes. A power cycle sometimes corrects this. Have any of you experienced this? An additional quirk I experienced while getting ready to zero, I had the rifle in a sled and when I zoomed in full zoom, the view seemed to move up and left, completely off the target which was at 25 yards, anyone get that kind of result with zoom?

I just got my X-Sight 5, it came with .476 fw installed so didn't need to update. I have been getting a green hue, kind of like the old night vision scopes. A power cycle sometimes corrects this. Have any of you experienced this? An additional quirk I experienced while getting ready to zero, I had the rifle in a sled and when I zoomed in full zoom, the view seemed to move up and left, completely off the target which was at 25 yards, anyone get that kind of result with zoom?
When I tried to sight in my 5 series, I did run into problems like this. I had to return it to get it corrected. You can see this in my video review at the 19 minute mark.

This is fixed when my scope was sent back to ATN and it returned with 5.1.0.476 firmware, but I also had a new serial number, so I think I got an entirely new scope.

Reactions: EarlJam
The green hue I have not seen......but I have experienced the same moving of the reticle when zooming....about to test without Ballistic Calculator being active and see if the moving reticle goes away.

When I tried to sight in my 5 series, I did run into problems like this. I had to return it to get it corrected. You can see this in my video review at the 19 minute mark.

This is fixed when my scope was sent back to ATN and it returned with 5.1.0.476 firmware, but I also had a new serial number, so I think I got an entirely new scope.
Well thats encouraging....gonna try getting them to replace the whole scope....my serial ends in 40

I take back my previous post....mine also has the green hue.

• Wow