ATN X-Sight 5: Why Has Thou Forsaken Me?

I plan on spending the majority of the day tomorrow shooting a video review of the ATN X-Sight 5, and then I will send it back for a full refund. I was at the range today for an hour and the scope locked up 5 times. It is completely unusable.
20230602_155015.jpg

That's a damn shame about the release of the scope. I've had the 4K Pro for years. During that time the software updates, lockups, etc. etc. have gone down to where it's a usable scope. Better at night in IR than in Daylight.
I guess in a couple years this one will be worth an upgrade.........we'll see.

Smitty

That's a damn shame about the release of the scope. I've had the 4K Pro for years. During that time the software updates, lockups, etc. etc. have gone down to where it's a usable scope. Better at night in IR than in Daylight.
I guess in a couple years this one will be worth an upgrade.........we'll see.

Smitty
agree... took on a trip with no back-up scope... that was mistake ruined that part of my trip.

useless scope = useless rifle

Last edited:
Today, I received a beta firmware upgrade from ATN for my X-SIGHT 5 LRF scope.

So far, in my short time testing, I believe they have addressed RAV Calibration, and possibly other issues. But additional testing is needed to go through all of the defects to see if they have been resolved.

Thanks for the update. I do like the form factor and general user interface. I’ll wait for the refurbish units hit their site.

Reactions: N2 Shooter
I sent mine in and they sent it back with barely any change in the focus problem. Did the beta firmware address the poor focus capability? I have the 3x15 with the LRF. I decided to wait for the firmware upgrade before I send it back for good.
I never had focus issues unless I used the lowest video resolution. I have a nearly complete video review that I hope to publish this weekend now that I have the updated firmware. I did a significant amount of testing vs the X-SIGHT 4K Pro 3-14x with ABL 1000.

If you want to see what my focus looks like, here's the link:

I show focus at 25 yards and at 50 yards at 15x. Video sucks but you can see me trying to focus it.

My unit # is 28 so I have a real early model. I traded my 4k Pro with ABL for the GEN 5. At this point it has been a bad decision, but I am hoping the firmware fixes the focus. The LRF seems to be a bit off from the old ABL against my separate LRF that I use. I wish I had the 4K back even though I don't like the weight.

If you want to see what my focus looks like, here's the link:

I show focus at 25 yards and at 50 yards at 15x. Video sucks but you can see me trying to focus it.

My unit # is 28 so I have a real early model. I traded my 4k Pro with ABL for the GEN 5. At this point it has been a bad decision, but I am hoping the firmware fixes the focus. The LRF seems to be a bit off from the old ABL against my separate LRF that I use. I wish I had the 4K back even though I don't like the weight.
I'm glad I kept my 4K! I'll be publishing my review by tomorrow, I was holding off until this firmware update and after some quick range time tomorrow, it's getting published.

Reactions: BluegrassBill2020
I hope your's is better than mine! My Pard NV007s puts it to shame on the focus ability - of course it is a clip-on so I get to use the glass in my scopes - but the focus of the device to the reticle is clear as a bell. I can wait a little longer for the firmware update. I do like the form factor. The software still hangs a little too much, but that should be worked out in the next release.

Reactions: qball
ATN just announced the availability of the Gen 5 firmware upgrade - 2 files. Upgraded mine and the focus did get better. It is now good enough to use, but I hope they improve it better. The LRF seems to now match my handheld rangefinder so that's good. Will take it out with the Huben .25 this afternoon and test it at 25, 50 and 100 yards.

After receiving my scope back from ATN, it came loaded with Firmware Version 5.1.04.476. This has solved most all of my issues with the scope, and I have put the scope on the Maverick for the rest of the 2023 hunting season! I have even purchased the new X-Trac 5 remote control to run my scope from my hunting grip.😃😃😃

20230916_174612.jpg

Reactions: donut_man
I recently bought an X-Sight 5 it came from the store with software firmware 5.1.04.476. Most of the above issues listed are still major issues I’ve been running into has not been fixed.

1. When I download a custom reticle and import it onto the scope as soon as power is off and returned the reticle is gone.

2. Random issues with freeze-ups requiring a hard restart( holding the power button down for 15 Sec’s)

3. App is almost completely useless but at least is has been released now.

4. RAV is still completely useless it will not register a shot but will register me hitting the back of the rifle or scope.. btw I know this is an Air gun forum but just to keep the write up accurate I have this scope mounted on a .308 AR. I would think the RAV would work on that being that it has quite a bit more recoil than an Airgun

Good about the scope so far that I think someone has mentioned was a problem. The custom reticle seems to be on zero once imported. I have the 5-25LRF.

It seems as if the zoom is fixed too, you just have to select to make sure wether you want 120fps or better resolution.. it’s either 1080p- 120fps or 3840- 30fps. Also another issue with this is if I select the 30fps setting when I turn the scope off and back on it resets to 1080P- 120. I think it’s should keep the last previous settings.

I would appreciate any advise on if anyone has any fixes for this. Even if it is installing a beta version of software. These issues especially the scope freezing cause this to be almost unusable.

I recently bought an X-Sight 5 it came from the store with software firmware 5.1.04.476. Most of the above issues listed are still major issues I’ve been running into has not been fixed.

1. When I download a custom reticle and import it onto the scope as soon as power is off and returned the reticle is gone.

2. Random issues with freeze-ups requiring a hard restart( holding the power button down for 15 Sec’s)

3. App is almost completely useless but at least is has been released now.

4. RAV is still completely useless it will not register a shot but will register me hitting the back of the rifle or scope.. btw I know this is an Air gun forum but just to keep the write up accurate I have this scope mounted on a .308 AR. I would think the RAV would work on that being that it has quite a bit more recoil than an Airgun

Good about the scope so far that I think someone has mentioned was a problem. The custom reticle seems to be on zero once imported. I have the 5-25LRF.

It seems as if the zoom is fixed too, you just have to select to make sure wether you want 120fps or better resolution.. it’s either 1080p- 120fps or 3840- 30fps. Also another issue with this is if I select the 30fps setting when I turn the scope off and back on it resets to 1080P- 120. I think it’s should keep the last previous settings.

I would appreciate any advise on if anyone has any fixes for this. Even if it is installing a beta version of software. These issues especially the scope freezing cause this to be almost unusable.
Most of my issues were resolved after I sent my scope back, and it was returned with version 5.1.04.476. What is not known for certain, is did they replace the hardware with something else, as my serial number is not the same as what I sent to them.

I also have 3 resolution settings, and they keep my last selection. I also have the ability to select a custom recticle, but I have not tried to power cycle with it, as I had so many issues the last time.

Try to do RAV calibration, and see if that helps with your issue. Be prepared to run through a few boxes of ammo though, so I would just send the scope back first for proper service, and do RAV calibration when you get it back.

Most of my issues were resolved after I sent my scope back, and it was returned with version 5.1.04.476. What is not known for certain, is did they replace the hardware with something else, as my serial number is not the same as what I sent to them.

I also have 3 resolution settings, and they keep my last selection. I also have the ability to select a custom recticle, but I have not tried to power cycle with it, as I had so many issues the last time.

Try to do RAV calibration, and see if that helps with your issue. Be prepared to run through a few boxes of ammo though, so I would just send the scope back first for proper service, and do RAV calibration when you get it back.
Sorry if I made it seem like I only had two reso options no I do have three 30fps-3840, 60fps-2028, 120fps-1080P. I just don’t see a real need in the middle one but maybe it’s a the better of both halves I’ll have to try it out. It seems now that the reso is staying when powered off but if the scope freezes and I have to do a hard power off then it reverts the resolution.

As for sending it back to the factory. I don’t see what they could fix? I literally bought this a week ago from a retail store. Plus mine came with the most up-to-date firmware meaning it was atleast at the factory when they did their last updates and fixes.

I’ve shot about 40 rounds each one with the RAV cal up trying to get it to work, with light grain and heavy grain bullets.

Also on a side note trying to find the serial in the scope itself mine just says “Device Serial: 4-0-None” don’t know what that means but is kinda weird…

Sorry if I made it seem like I only had two reso options no I do have three 30fps-3840, 60fps-2028, 120fps-1080P. I just don’t see a real need in the middle one but maybe it’s a the better of both halves I’ll have to try it out. It seems now that the reso is staying when powered off but if the scope freezes and I have to do a hard power off then it reverts the resolution.

As for sending it back to the factory. I don’t see what they could fix? I literally bought this a week ago from a retail store. Plus mine came with the most up-to-date firmware meaning it was atleast at the factory when they did their last updates and fixes.

I’ve shot about 40 rounds each one with the RAV cal up trying to get it to work, with light grain and heavy grain bullets.

Also on a side note trying to find the serial in the scope itself mine just says “Device Serial: 4-0-None” don’t know what that means but is kinda weird…
When I received my scope back, the serial number was different. It's a possibility that they may have given me new hardware...