ATN X-Sight 4K PRO

Wha t exact parts are needed to put the ABL up and behind the focus ring. I have the 5-20 and it put down a 1000 doves, pigeons and a few starlings with I think one squirrel. Mounted on a Crown Continuum .22 with the 380mm barrel. Would be nice to get it in the case with the ABL on.

Here is the link for the ABL mounting ring filler.

https://apex3d.shop/products/focus-ring-filler-clamp

this works very well as the scope is more balanced and not having to worry about putting too much weight at the end of the scope. I didn’t mount the ABL at 3 or 9 o’clock so allow me to put the whole setup back in the FX case. With the ABL mounted at 12:30 or so it give clearance for the extra barrel to be stored in the case also.

I mount the ABL behind the focus ring and don't find anything extra is needed for clamping. It stays in place just fine. Worst case one could apply some scope ring tape to the inside of the clamp, if they had an issue. The rig is heavy enough as it is. I don't want to add more to it!

a friend of mine bought one of these and bought another impact to put it on to dedicate as a night set up.

he came out to sight it in yesterday and was very frustrated how difficult it was to see through in daylight.

definately not something you would want to use daytime.

I don't find it difficult at all to see in the daylight. In fact, I find it worse at night because the only thing you can see with is the scope. 

The biggest issue is the small field of view in the 5-20x. It isn't ideal for closer range...for that the 3-14k is a much better choice. I'd like to see ATN come out with a version that had glass with curved edges...such that it gave a wider field of view but flat in the middle to eliminate distortion...similar to how some rear view mirrors work.