• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

ATN X-Sight 4k Pro Edition 5-20

• Thread starter Deleted member 25487
  • Start date
I just received a refurbished 5-20 4K pro. Focus was messed up at first. Like the front lens was loose, hard to explain, but I got that sorted out. Then when trying at night, with the stock whimpy illuminator, everything is all washed out, white! The only way I can get an image, is to point the illuminator off to the side. Very disappointed, and I simply hate trying to return something.😖

Have you tried changing the focus on the illuminator? I have found this helps if it's too bright. Also, try a lower brightness setting in the NV part of the menu also.

I have had very good luck with ATN's customer service. I just recently returned a 3-14X 4K Pro that I purchased over a year ago. It was freezing up on me and they sent me a new one that has been trouble free. I also got very lucky on the refurbished 5-20X 4K Pro I purchased direct from ATN, it's been rock solid since day one. I know it's a hassle to return things, but it may be worth it just to ensure you don't have any future problems. Fortunately, the refurbs carry the same warranty as the new scopes!

I have also had them replace an Illuminator that died and a remote that was giving me problems. If you can get them on the phone it's much easier to work with them. They even sent me some extra stuff for my trouble, I ended up with a better illuminator, a second remote and a spare battery pack and charging cable! They are A+ in my book!

Thanks for the reply Paul. I've tinkered with it some more today. Has the newest firmware. Did the factory reset, and reset all the parameters, etc. Daytime is wonderful! Bright vibrant colors. Even paired it to my ATN handheld range finder. Works great! Just fired 4 mags through my Raptor 30 cal with the scope, and all is well. Tonight will be the test. I'm a lil upset that ATN still has not fixed the low power drain on the illuminator when powered off. Look into it at night, with it off, and you'll see a slight red glow. Remove the batteries, and it goes away. It will slowly drain the batteries if left off with batteries in. I really hope I can resolve this night problem, as I love my other 2, 4K Pro's 3-14, and my original X-sight, that I hardly use anymore. Never had this night vision problem with any of my other 3.😢

I just unscrew the end of the Illuminator about 4-5 turns till it’s not touching the battery and that helps save the batteries from draining. I also don’t typically keep the illuminator attached to the scope when not in use, so standing it up with the lens down keeps the batteries from coming in contact with the end cap. That way when I go to use it, I just tighten the cap and turn it on. 

I don’t know if they are still doing it or not, but a while ago they had a promotion where if you did a review on Amazon, or where ever you purchased from, they would send you a free accessory. I was able to get one of there higher end illuminators for free by just writing a review and sending them a link to it. 

Stock illuminator is heavy POS! Get yourself a nice or two 18650 battery powered IR lights and you are good and a lot lighter.

FLgunner: not sure how you returned yours but I tried to return mine since mine had multitude of issues and could not get hold of anyone to return it. Their RMA process is broken and left many voicemails and zero returned call. I got so frustrated I asked my creditcard company to deal with them and that's 3 weeks ago so I guess they really don't care about customers and money even. I had it on two guns and when I need them for pestling it didn't work 2 out of 3 times!!! WTF! It is incredibly unreliable for me! I had freezing, need reset constantly, then buttons won't work so I had to flash with factory file and update firmware again just to get buttons to work. Then after that it still freezes and always when I need to use it! If you get a good one then it's pretty nifty but if I had to do over again I would not deal with ATN products ever again. My little Pard 007 straight from china at 200 bucks cheaper hasn't failed me once even and I used it all the time!

qball, I’m away from my computer at the moment, but when I get back I’ll PM you the contact info for the ATN rep who has helped me several times and has been awesome! I know things are a lot slower now due to COVID and they are all working from home, but she was still great to work with even with the hurdles imposed by this virus. Response time is slower and shipping is not what it was, but it was still within 2 weeks of getting my RMA and return label I had the replacement. 

qball, I’m away from my computer at the moment, but when I get back I’ll PM you the contact info for the ATN rep who has helped me several times and has been awesome! I know things are a lot slower now due to COVID and they are all working from home, but she was still great to work with even with the hurdles imposed by this virus. Response time is slower and shipping is not what it was, but it was still within 2 weeks of getting my RMA and return label I had the replacement.

Thanks but my credit card company is dealing with them, if they don’t respond by August then too bad for them.