ATN X-sight 4K Pro cold weather use and battery level indicator

Ive got a couple questions about the ATN X-sight 4K. First of all I purchased it from optics planet thru Amazon in September 2021 as a new unit. When ever I charge the battery, the level indicator does not and has never shown the battery as fully charged, only about 80% (estimate). I took the charged unit out yesterday in 25 degree wx and used it for about 1/2 hour and between the wind and temps I decided to go in and warm up. I left the unit "on" and about two hours later, when I went back out to do more shooting the display was "off" and I could not re-start the scope so I cased the gun and scope and returned home. I then put the unit on the charger, and in about 10 minutes the unit started up (booted up) and the battery level indicator showed about 75% battery life.

Questions:

1. Should this new unit with a new battery show a full battery level indicator after a 6 hour charge?

2. Is there a cold wx issue with this scope?

Ive found a higher amp charger works best and will charge from near dead to the “full” under 12 hrs. Wall adapters are all over the place with amps and chargers and many are not usb-c rated either. Cords are another issue entirely. Perfect example is apple, most of those chargers look the same but are widely different for devices and can prematurely wear out a battery or even damage it. At work we analyzed a bunch of wall chargers and found many of third party ones were garbage and not designed to truly support usb-c. Lots of trickery in the EE world now. I’ve used these for 3 yrs on my ATN’s and no issues or indication of battery decline. 

https://www.amazon.sg/Geekworm-Raspberry-Adapter-Charger-Support/dp/B09J856PND

Can’t say much about using on freezing days, not may of those here. however i know lcd screens can be effected by extreme cold, boards and solder joints can expand/contract too. Double layer boards and smd’s like the ATN use are not affected as much, but the cold can lower the available voltage from the battery as Biohazardman said, where it may be on, but when put under load the cap’s are drained or pin outs become too low for the threshold and basically locks it up, which kind of sounds like what you described, especially if BT and Wifi are on which draws some hefty mA when broadcasting. 

Also, might double check your sd card is to spec. People have reported funny things happening with lesser quality cards.