ATN x-sight 4K POI issues

Anyone having issues with POI shift on the 4K pro?

i put a red dot on the gun and single hole at 25 yards. Put the x-sight 4K and I’m chasing zero all day.

i installed that firmware update they just posted, but I guess it has no impact on existing scopes out there... it was just for future scopes yet to be delivered???. 

I’m going to do a factory reset here now, but just checking if anyone is having similar issues.

Besides that... things are great lol

Did you by accident turn “environment” on? This will change the position of your reticle depending on weatherdata and range. (You can verify this if arrows and numbers for windage and elevation are being displayed in the lower left corner.)

My 4K Pro is smack on, it is lightyears better in both hardware (how it looks and battery life) and in resulution/screen quality than the the previous version! (The XSight II) 

But the firmware still has some quirks...hope they bring out an update soon! Nevertheless, it’s a great piece of kit!

ATN has problems. They release things before they are ready for the public. Then use the public's complaints to try to fix things. The original firmware was version ending in .185 THEN came out with .218 NOW .218 has disappeared, and only .185 shows up on the firmware page. Something must have been wrong with the .218 version. I have it loaded in my 4K Pro, and have lock-up's etc. And then there's the confusion of how to upload a firmware. Number must be higher than what is currently installed. So, for me to go back to .185, I'll have to rename the file to something like .219 in order for the scope to recognize it as an update. Then if they re-release version .218, I'd have to rename it..... on and on. As I've said so many times, so sad ATN.

I actually looked at that, and that wasn't the issue. I was thinking maybe the balistic stuff got turned on maybe too. It turns out they accidentally released a firmware update that was not intended for scopes already out in the field. As soon as I downgraded, things went back to normal. It's always been spot on for me too... here's me lighting a match at 20 yards: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig3KjhbqM5w

I 100% agree on the evolution of the product from the 2 HD to the 4K... light years ahead. It's amateur hour though in the software and communications groups over there. I've been in deep tech for 10+ years at Oracle, and have seen some botched projects in my day. Communication is everything. Honest and transparent communication about known issues and a timeline (even if it's ballpark) is what's lacking. The part I struggle with is they don't seem to care.

I agree about how strange it is that ATN does not seem to care. Check out the "customer support" page...... ha ha ha

http://atnsmarthd.proboards.com/board/102/customer-service

I spoke with their CS director, and suggested a support page where they documented the know issues, any workarounds, and provided an estimated timeline for the fix. I also suggested they take feedback from more than just their small beta team. Open and transparent communication will go a long way! They seemed interested in doing something like this.

Additionally, I spoke with him about embracing airguns (pellets really) within their Ballistic calc feature. I have hooked them up with the right folks within the industry to make this happen... fingers crossed!

Full update... while it's easy to point fingers at ATN, I wanted to come on and provide an update on 2 root cause issues. One I put on ATN for poor communication about this best practice, and the 2nd is on me.

1) you need to zero at base magnification first. Shoot a small group, and make the zero. At that point you can use the zoom feature within the zeroing process to fine tune. This is a digital scope, and basically the reticle is being projected onto a screen. If you shoot the groups at anything other than base, it will be off after. This is NOT mentioned anywhere, so I put this ATN.

I did get a chance to speak with one of their directors on a solution... have the zero process be picture in picture. Do a small 10x or whatever window in the top right that is zooming in, while keeping the actual zero screen at base magnification

2) I have my Leshiy at the Dr (tuning oopsie) so I through the 4K on top of the EDgun Veles... shooting off a bench and bipod... the thing is dead nuts accurate. Anyways, there is a bolt on the end of the gun that acts as an adaptor for the LDC. I had taken that off to have John Hagan create an adaptor so I could use my other LDC's from DonnyFL to test. All EDgun barrels use signifiant pressure to hold the barrel in place. I didn't tighten it to spec! I normally have a vortex red dot on the top, which weighs nothing, and more importantly requires no tweaking of the focus, etc. The weight of the 4K scope exposed the issue of the bolt pressure... primarily when I was changing distances and moving the focus. I took the thing apart, threw it in a vice, tightened it down, and boom... pellet on pellet!

I jumped the gun a bit on this one, but as usual... process of elimination eventually got me to the root of the issue, and a solution.

I just ordered one of these for use on my high powered rifle. I might also try it on my Wildcat at some point. Got it for shooting coyotes at night.

awesome. hit me up if you have any questions. I've only had it on airguns, but the thing was definitely designed for big game hunting. For long range stuff, upgrade your IR from the one they include. It's a HUGE difference. I haven't tested, but I see the Sniper Hog Light 66irx thrown out quite a bit.