• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

ATN X-Sight 4K 5-20x ordered

No, it was on.....it just doesn't work. No matter which position I place the virtual switch, and regardless of whether I "activate" the feature or not by pressing record. Could be a glitch with the latest factory-provided firmware, which ATN advised me to try it out before reverting to their published latest firmware. There are a few other glitches too, which I was already aware of from reading and watching videos.

But it does work as a night optic. I'm using the ATN IR850 Pro light instead of the provided one. It may as well be daylight out there inside of 300 yards!! And the zeroing and ballistic calculator works just fine too, as I was able to enter the distance at the range for zero, 200, 300, 400, 500 and 600 and hit the steel targets at those ranges just as I did with my previous scope.

And I dropped this coyote on my first set, within 10 minutes of setting up. I also shot two skunks in this field on my way out to check on him, or her. It stunk so bad between the skunk and the coyote (I don't know which was worse) that I didn't get within 10 feet of the coyote before deciding it just wasn't worth it. The footage would have been epic though.....reverse ranged at 129 yds - if my rangefinder was correct in the dark - I thought he was 200 yds away.

First shot I hit him about two inches under the spine and about 3 inches behind the shoulder blades. He went down hard but then got back on his front feet/legs and was trying to walk away. He must have been paralyzed everywhere behind the shot and I don't think he had the strength to drag himself by his front legs only because he wasn't actually making any progress as far as movement over ground. I finished him off with a headshot!

I might go out again tonight. I just don't know if I'll go to the farms where I know they are (two hours drive) or stay local (15 minute drive) and hope I'm in an area where they can hear the caller. We'll see......either way I'll be going out and I'll make sure to use the manual record function, I know that works.

I've read a lot about the ATN Xsight over the last 3 months and somewhere a reviewer had said that airguns don't produce enough recoil to activate the RAV so please use the manual record. Would you explain the reverse range a little better. Did you use the measuring feature with the reticle? or a separate range finder? I'm interested in their feature of using their range finder that feeds info by bluetooth to adjust the reticle. I look forward to your videos and impressions after you have had a chance to use it for awhile. Thanks

By reverse range I mean from where I recover the target back to where I was shooting. It's difficult for me to get an accurate range on a ground target but easy from the target back to the chair I was sitting on.

I didn't use the ranging feature on the scope because I can't find where that is in the menu for a user defined size. I still need to learn the ins and outs of this sight.

If I had to do it again, I might have chosen the 3-14x model.

20X magnification is very grainy and I have settled on 15x as a maximum for distance shots. 

The field of view is pretty narrow at closer distances with the 5x model, but the clarity is nice being the "optical" magnification is higher than the 3x model. That was my deciding factor when I bought the 5x model being I knew I would be making videos with it.