• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

ATN x-II or 4k

Just so you guys know, you can use any cell phone battery charger / pack. The ATN one is no different they just put their name on it and jacked up the price. I had both X Sight II the 3-14 and the 5-20 and enjoyed using them both. Personally I would go for the new 4K, aside from better resolution they also increased battery life to 18 hours (supposedly). I think you will like either though if you can get past the weight.

I just bought the 4K in 3-14X and latest firmware has addressed some of the earlier concerns. I can attest that the battery life is very good.

One minor design flaw is that the rubber cover for the microSD slot won’t close properly after you put in a card because it has a lip on the inside that bumps into the card when there is one.

Another issue I had was not able to get video stream to the Obsidian 4 app. A call to ATN resulted in the suggestion of turning off Cellular Data and that fixed the problem. Don’t know why they won’t play well together, but that’s the case for now. This was on latest version of iOS, both phone and tablet.

If you go with the older unit, definitely look into an external battery pack. The ATN pack is 20000mah and does include a nice interface cable and weatherproof cover for the older X-Site scopes. Also included a pack for the battery that attaches to the stock of the rifle.

regards,

Greg