Atn 320 Lt 5-10 x 50 thermal

My hunting buddy has the 4-8 and it is pretty good even though it has a small sensor. It's for his son-in-law. He also has the atn thor 4 384x288 and it's only slightly better. I like it cause it takes all the hundred menus away. The LT has just enough to work good although it does not record which is a great tool.

The first number of the three LT scopes are the base magnification and as you increase the mag it gets grainy pretty fast. I use a flir that's 4.5 base and anything above that is almost useless so that limits me to under 100 yrds. 

That said your base mag is 5 and that should be good for about 120yrds making sure your target is identified correctly. With thermal that can be a chore as the distance increases.

Thermal is the way to go.... period!.... for hunting that is. Target shooting is not it's best feature so I would stick with hunting.

Get some small hand warmers for sighting in cause they work well. I bought a thermal target that works really well but it cost somewhere around $125(for 1), but it does have a lot of stickers to cover the holes. 

When sighting on a target use the available color ranges to best suit the situation. You'll have to play around with it to see what you like.

Overall it's worth it. BUT... if you op to go into the $$$$ ones they will blow the lower end ones away. I would never look at one cause it will make mine look like a toy.

Good luck and when you get it let us know how you like it. 

Hope this helps.

That’s pretty high magnification for a thermal, so you probably made a good choice for long range coyotes. If they get close and are moving fast then you’ll have trouble with your field of view. 

I’ve had a couple ATN models off the Thor 4 and Thor LT, they were decent and worked fine. Good luck with your purchase and congrats, thermals are fun.

Well was out hunting with 320 Lt 5-10x50 with a friend who has a pulsar 640x480 sensors in his I was able to identify Coyotes at about 400 yards and you can tell the difference between coon to deer were easily identified at 500 plus the only trouble I had identification with was a fox thought it was a coyote it was probably 200 plus but it was a lot smaller than the coyotes using body language for the different animals really helps scanning with it not mounted on the gun which I haven't done yet I was able to get on coyotes pretty quickly especially since this was first time using it for the price you can't beat it and if you know the body language of different animals it makes it easier it is a pretty clear view also can see deer at a long way away vs pulsar 640x480 which is over twice the price if you go refurbished for my first experience I'd say it holds it own even my friend said it's pretty clear and he uses his pulsar so far overall I'm pretty happy with it

Hi I had a ATN 640 5-50 for a few years worked great , I just sold it ro upgrade it to a HALO X50 , I didn't know if the 320 one uses same processor if so make sure you use Kent Li batteries or it may have issues , Mine only worked properly with them , The non kentli did not have enough voltage to power the CPU in the thermal causing lockups and poor battery life ,

LOU