• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

ATI Vista-Nova vs Marauder

Not the Liberty, which is the pump up version, but the ATI Vista Nova.

I would still have my Mrod if I hadn't lost my entire gun collection in the house fire, and would not be considering buying an ATI for myself. But it is gone....at least all the wood, plastic and aluminum parts are. so I need something cheap for my close range needs. Some folks care about noise level a lot more than me, but it is way down at the bottom of my list, and my daughter's. The ATI might fill the bill for me, if my gifted ones pan out. If parts availability does not materialize, this company will just fade away though.

The Freedom is the one with integrated pump. The Liberty is the regulated gun that is close to weight, length, and power of a mrod. There are allot of great features for the $ in the Liberty. Side lever cocking, high fill pressure, regulated (externally adjustable)... The mrod is dated compared to the Liberty. The mrod is quieter, has a better trigger, comb riser, and lefty conversion. OEM parts and service, warranty, and available aftermarket parts go to the mrod. Liberty is not even close in this regard. The mrod syn stock is better than the plastic clam shell of the Liberty. The Liberty wood has good weight/balance similar to mrod, both toward the heavier side for field carry. Most other comparisons go to the Liberty. Most will buy the Liberty just for the significant savings over the mrod.

Marauder has many aftermarket parts.. But it has been around for years.. Liberty and Freedom only a couple of years.. The aftermarket will catch-up with them..

Right now Stephen (Thebanker4) and Duy (Darkcharisma on the gta ) have great mods for them, and Stephen also sell .22 slugs which with so tuning is shooting 100 yard groups under a inch.. My .177 Liberty is in Duy's hands now... He had 15.5 gr. NSA slugs at 980fps and is now pushing it faster.. 

Marauder has many aftermarket parts.. But it has been around for years.. Liberty and Freedom only a couple of years.. The aftermarket will catch-up with them..

Right now Stephen (Thebanker4) and Duy (Darkcharisma on the gta ) have great mods for them, and Stephen also sell .22 slugs which with so tuning is shooting 100 yard groups under a inch.. My .177 Liberty is in Duy's hands now... He had 15.5 gr. NSA slugs at 980fps and is now pushing it faster..

Agree that Stephen and Duy, and others are doing some great mods and a few products are available. But the fact is, like many other airgun brands/models, it will never drive the demand needed for developing much aftermarket parts. Example: How many other airguns does Boyd's provide inletting for? Even if PA picks up distribution, it will still only be a niche player. If the PA thing happened, we might get a little more part support, but it will still be nothing like what crosman does. Look at the Sumatra's, which they have had for years, only a few parts available on the website. I like the Liberty, but it doesn't trump the Mrod in all aspects. 

Now I am worried; I ordered an ATI Vista Nova, I don't recall a "Liberty"; being mentioned..... got it off HARDAIR Magazine site. Is this the same gun made by ATI, with 3 names now??? It looks the same in the pictures. Hopefully it's like most Chinese products....you can find the same or similar items listed under multiple names from various manufacturers. like my Chinese compressor, which is probably made by fifty different companies

Pick your model

https://www.americantactical.us/category/airguns

Biggest issue preventing me from getting one is no parts. First batch(or two) and warranty or parts need was satisfied by scavenging other rifles. Nothing seems to have changed in parts availability unless maybe waiting for PA to have parts for their branded rifle. Cpoupled with the rather odd & rare size of some of the many orings I personally had to pass.

Certainly do like the idea of this rifle tho, hope they gear up for service in the long run soon.

Please do give us a full real world shooters report asap.

John

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the Nova Vista guns use a higher fill pressure than 3000 psi? For me one of the best points about the Marauder is the ability to tune for low fill pressure since I fill from scuba tanks.

The Liberty is capable to fill over 4Kpsi, but I generally fill to 3.5Kpsi. It is also fine to fill at 3Kpsi. Stock, it comes off regulator at around 2kpsi.

In 22 cal, you will get about 30 shots from 3K to 2K, which is about the same as the mrod.