• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

ATI Nova Liberty

I bought a .22 caliber ATI Nova Liberty directly from ATI. With the discount code and shipping, $249 bucks to my door. I bought the JSB sampler pack with 4 different pellets. I tin of Crosman premiers, and a tin of H&N pellets. The gun seems to be well made and the side lever cocking handle is smooth. I have been testing the different pellets shooting the gun in "high power" mode. The gun is very accurate but the H&N pellets really shine. I then turned the power selector to the "low" position and shot the H&N's. I need to get the calipers out but its gonna be close to a 1/4 inch 5 shot group at 50 yards. I am still in the testing mode, but I love this gun so far. I need to do some shooting through a chronograph to see the difference in speed between "high" and "low" power. The only negative thing I can say is the trigger is a long pull. However, there are adjustments instructions for the trigger which I will get to soon. I bought the black plastic stock version. I took the iron sights off and installed a scope.

1559056303_17691635135ced4fafaca085.19408115_DSC00051 (2).JPG

jawshunting,

I posted this on 5-12-19 and got some great responses, you might want to check it out. The title was How do you like your Nova Liberty, it's in the pcp section.

Jim

Hello everyone,

I purchased a 22 caliber Nova Liberty with the wood stock and got off to a rough start, the first one I had leaked. I paid $278.00 from American Tactical which was 20% off the normal price by using the Hard Air magazine code. ATI customer service was pretty good with taking the leaking gun back and getting a new one that did not leak. I love to tinker and tune my airguns and the liberty was no exception. This is my third PCP rifle, I have an Air Arms S410 in 22 that is from 2004 a Benjamin Marauder gen 1 25 caliber from around 2010 and now the Liberty. The Liberty is my first regulated airgun and I had a whole new challenge learning how to tune it for power and accuracy. I never would have been successful without all the help I was given from Airgun Nation, thanks to all who help me out.

I have the Liberty shooting at almost forty foot pounds with one hole groups at thirty yards and the shot count is at fifty before falling off the regulator. I can not believe how well this gun shoots compared to my two others that cost so much more. Is this because of the new technology and regulators in todays newer airguns or what? I seem to read about FX guns everywhere I look but do not see how they can be so much better to justify the price difference. Do not get me wrong I would love to get my hands on the impact x or any of the Daystate guns if I could afford one. I would like to hear from someone who has a Liberty and also one of the new FX or daystate rifles.

Thank you,

Jim

any tips on how you did that cheek adjustment? I love it.... I added memory foam and wrapped it with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MYDM7B6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But I like your work a lot.

Hey @DesertSilver, thanks for posting my video, I did a few videos about it, and I still love this gun. My experience is that it's pellet picky and I've found that it loves the Baracuda Hunters a lot, at least after I increased the power on mine, the CPHP is doing great too and the Baracuda Match also doing well. I have a video where I'm testing few hunting pellet and I did that using the Liberty, go check it if you are curious.

With the Liberty you get allot of great features for the money:

- Side-Lever Cocking

- Externally adjustable regulator

- High fill pressure capability >4kpsi

Like many of the value PCP's it may need some tweaking and hands-on work to get the best results. The weak point, is parts support. While ATI and NV may be working on that, to date, the available parts are from buying customer returns. Which are a great value in itself, if you have the capability to repair them. I have one 22 liberty wood, and two parts guns (a wood and a plastic). 

Orion, I masked off the area of the cheek piece and then folded a piece of paper and lined up the fold with the top of the cheek piece center and witness marked both the stock and the paper at the fold.... Then I drew on the side I shoot from ( right handed ) the outline I wanted .. Remove the paper and refold it .. Cut the shape out that you drew on it , then line it up on the stock at the witness mark and trace that shape on the masked cheek piece.. Carefully using a coping saw with a fine blade cut the cheek piece out being sure you cut on the line of both sides of the cheek piece.. This take some time and effort, so don't hurry it..

I used 2 small nails with the heads cut off and put them in one side of the cut cheek piece, in the center of it .. Line up the sides and press down.. Remove nails and you have the marks to drill for your posts.. Drill on a drill press .. Hint for you to level the stock side to side for drilling remove the shoulder pad the replace the screws and rest your level against them .. There are many ways of securing the posts .. Since no one else will be shooting it, I cut the posts for me.. Now when I mount the rifle with my eyes closed, and then open them I am looking straight through the center of the scope.. It is very high since I wanted to rest my cheek bone ( I have high cheek bones) on it ,instead of a so called cheek piece you need to use for a chin rest to see through your scope.. Why don't all adult airguns come with a adjustable cheek piece since most are going to be scoped anyway ? I did not secure them since the post I use were a little large and friction fit.. Some use screws and threaded anchors..

Our friend Steve, who has done so many video's on the liberty has built beautiful stocks for them .. Air velocity Sports on Utube..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A54xUpM8bUI

Check out his stock building video's he does one and you can see it takes a lot of patience ....

I am sending mine in for more dark mojo.. 15.5 at 980 fps now maybe 1000 fps..

Orion,

How are you doing? Do you have anymore videos coming out? I loved the series on the Liberty and the hunting videos.

Jim

Hey Bluecup, 

I do, Last few weeks was super busy filming with Steve from Airgun Evolution channel, now I have ton of material to edit. I think I’ll be posting a few hunting videos soon. I still have some videos I want to do for the Liberty. Stay tuned! 

The liberty is a lot of gun for the money and there is plenty of information available on various forums discussing these guns. It has some features which are usually associated with much more expensive airguns such as sidelever cocking and high and low transfer port adjustments. This is an excellent gun for beginners and experienced airgunnners alike. It has probably sent tremors through many companies managers trying to compete with all the features it has for the price. By using the code HARDAIR20 a nice 20% discount can be had from American Tactical Importers making this gun come in under $250.00. With a little work on the trigger it can become a good shooter. Be sure to watch the u tube videos by Orion, the iguana hunter, and Stephen at velocity outdoors. They contain some great info.

any tips on how you did that cheek adjustment? I love it.... I added memory foam and wrapped it with this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MYDM7B6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

But I like your work a lot.

Hey @DesertSilver, thanks for posting my video, I did a few videos about it, and I still love this gun. My experience is that it's pellet picky and I've found that it loves the Baracuda Hunters a lot, at least after I increased the power on mine, the CPHP is doing great too and the Baracuda Match also doing well. I have a video where I'm testing few hunting pellet and I did that using the Liberty, go check it if you are curious.

Did you do the shim and 1/8 counterclock turn on the reg? I pickup mine tomorrow from the PO. I'm hoping it shoots the CPHPs well.