• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ati Nova Liberty in .177.

I bought 2 in 177 with the different stocks. Nothing done to them yet I tried shooting one just to see how accurate it was and 5/8 to 3/4 all shots under one inch at 50 yards can be covered by a quarter. Trigger is pretty terrible but not as bad as the Fortitude and Gauntlet or Urban right out of the box. Feels like a typical Snow Peak rifle type trigger or more like a Brocock trigger right out of the box I think it can do better after break in and some trigger work. Smooth side lever really blew me away for a regulated sub $300 gun probably one of the best side levers period almost as good as an HW100 or 110. I think it's a better buy than the Benjamin Fortitude and Umarex Gauntlet and most definitely better than a Gamo Urban probably the best bang for the buck for a regulated starter gun IMHO. Its Marauder type magazine looks exactly like the Gauntlet Fortitude and Marauder rifle magazine. The fill probe has a male foster already machined in which all manufacturers should offer IMHO. Pellet friendly indeed. 10.6 Barracuda 10.5 Crosman Brown Box Premiers 10.34 JSB AND Air Arms a rarity both tied and the Daystate brand Sovereign and Kaiser I think they were H&N FTT and JSB 8.44. Wish I tried the 10.5 CPUM from the tins or CPHP or other cheap Crosmans but got dark. Haven't shot neither nor either since but got some major grins especially the pellet friendliness from mine straight out of the box. This is only shooting one of the 2 I bought in 177 so I can't say for sure if it's pellet friendliness and accuracy is the norm in 177 for these guns. 1 year warranty from ATI American Tactical. I would recommend it based on my brief testing IMHO. YO!

Ok thanks! That's what I was hoping to hear, after doing a crown Job on my .22 it shoots moa @50y. I will get the .177, it will be used for rats, mice and other night pesting. Thanks for the info I couldn't find anyone that owned one. These guns are so under rated, I own a .22 gauntlet that I had to put over 200 dollars in to get equal to the nova's out of the box accuracy. I love .177 Gauntlet it shoots very good but its ugly and to heavy for night pesting.

I bought 2 in 177 with the different stocks. Nothing done to them yet I tried shooting one just to see how accurate it was and 5/8 to 3/4 all shots under one inch at 50 yards can be covered by a quarter. Trigger is pretty terrible but not as bad as the Fortitude and Gauntlet or Urban right out of the box. Feels like a typical Snow Peak rifle type trigger or more like a Brocock trigger right out of the box I think it can do better after break in and some trigger work. Smooth side lever really blew me away for a regulated sub $300 gun probably one of the best side levers period almost as good as an HW100 or 110. I think it's a better buy than the Benjamin Fortitude and Umarex Gauntlet and most definitely better than a Gamo Urban probably the best bang for the buck for a regulated starter gun IMHO. Its Marauder type magazine looks exactly like the Gauntlet Fortitude and Marauder rifle magazine. The fill probe has a male foster already machined in which all manufacturers should offer IMHO. Pellet friendly indeed. 10.6 Barracuda 10.5 Crosman Brown Box Premiers 10.34 JSB AND Air Arms a rarity both tied and the Daystate brand Sovereign and Kaiser I think they were H&N FTT and JSB 8.44. Wish I tried the 10.5 CPUM from the tins or CPHP or other cheap Crosmans but got dark. Haven't shot neither nor either since but got some major grins especially the pellet friendliness from mine straight out of the box. This is only shooting one of the 2 I bought in 177 so I can't say for sure if it's pellet friendliness and accuracy is the norm in 177 for these guns. 1 year warranty from ATI American Tactical. I would recommend it based on my brief testing IMHO. YO!

There is a simple mod (basically switching the placement of two screws) you can do that will cut the trigger pull in half. On YouTube, Orion The Iguana Hunter has video detailing how to do so.

There is a simple mod (basically switching the placement of two screws) you can do that will cut the trigger pull in half. On YouTube, Orion The Iguana Hunter has video detailing how to do so.

+1 on the trigger. You can also use cone point set-screws and polish the contact points.

I have two in 177, but have only shot JSB/AA in different weights, all showing good accuracy of within 1" at 50yds.

If you are good with air gun work/repairs, the non-warrantee Liberty's are an extremely great value at $100. The most common issue to both calibers are the soft poppets that will start to leak. I have replaced the material with Delrin, but others have made peek poppets for them.

I like the better feel and looks of the wood stock, over the plastic clam shell. The plastic is about a lb lighter, and if field carrying for a while, makes a good difference. The stocks are not swappable without some small mods.

I ended up with one new and four non-warrantee ones. 😁 Two of each caliber, and one converted to 25 cal.

This thread caught my interest toward future comparison to a couple fortitudes I recently purchased

First will read reviews and what's included with the rifle (is the fill adapter is included)

Bill

Note. Fuzzy Grub 

sent you that pm

I thought I sent a copy yesterday. Resent just now.

Yes, the Liberty comes with a fill probe, 2 mags, ss tray, spare probe O-rings, and a couple of allen wrenches.

Size and performance wise, more comparable to the Mrod, but more features. PA/Air Venturi will have a gun similiar to, and made by Nova Vista, coming out this year. It is closer to a Fortitude in weight and size. It has some refined features over the Liberty, such as foster fill and gauges on both plenum and air res, and 25 cal option. Liberty has larger air res, irons, and a wood stock option, though. Avenger They have already provided a manual to peruse.

Thanks for the tips for the trigger! I haven't inspected the crown yet so I'm guessing it's got the potential to do better in the accuracy department??? Just so you know the new 177 I shot I just took it out of the box filled it up put a scope zeroed then shot it at 50 just to see if it was a decent shooter I didn't even clean the barrel come to think of it. YO!