• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.
Buy both from return friendly dealers and keep the one your eyes prefer.

I only have several Argos FFP Gen 1.5 and older Gen1s that aren't clear all the way to 24x to give you an accurate assessment of the new Gen2 Argos but the A6 blows all my older ones out of the water in optics clarity and brightness and eyebox all the way to 27x. The glass even nicer and brighter than the higher level Midas TAC which I also own if that matters.

Scratchcoobster can probably confirm this since he also owns the Athlon Midas TAC and SWFA SS 3-15x42 as well as other much higher dollar scopes.

Thankyou Odoyle,

I think I will order an A6 and if I don't like it I will return it like you said and then try the other one. Is there a good place to order them from that does good returns and has good price for them? I see them for sale on ebay for 229 but no others when searching all are around the 290 mark. Not sure about ebay and returns. Thanks

Sorry regarding FFP vs SFP reticles I honestly dislike FFP reticles since they tend to disappear in real world shooting situations at their lowest magnification.

I prefer SFP since the reticle can be seen throughout all of its magnification range and REALLY wish all of my high end scopes all had SFP reticles.

You will see exactly what I mean if you buy a FFP scope and go outside hunting and plinking at the lowest magnification. 

I would say go for the Alpha 6. It doesn't have a zero stop, so if you are willing to give up better glass from the Alpha 6 for that feature, go ahead. I own two Alpha 6's and they never disappoint. Clear image out to FULL magnification, very accommodating eye box, great reticle, no chromatic aberrations that I've noticed and nice turrets.

I also own the Athlon Argos BTR gen2 6-24×50. It is about 3 oz. heavier than the Alpha 6 by my scale, almost identical in length, both have illuminated reticles (the Alpha reticle is better), and focus down to 10 yards. The Alpha 6 comes with a sunshade, very nice - the Athlon does not.

The Alpha also has lockable turrets to hold your setting. Pull up to click, press down to lock. A very nice feature for exposed turrets.

I find the Alpha 6 to be clearer, brighter and sharper than the Athlon Argos also, and I prefer the second focal plane scopes with a fine reticle to the FFP scopes. The reticle on the Argos gets too large and clunky at higher magnifications, too small at lower ones.

But, if you have got to have FFP and that zero stop so you can click right back to your zero setting to catch that image in inferior glass, the Athlon Argos is the way to go.

Reactions: Odoyle
EBay is usually quick and do have return guarantee.

Sure wish you could do a side by side with the Gen2 Athlon Argos. It would save me the trouble having to buy one only to return it based on what I expect since it can't possibly be clearer than the more expensive higher level glass Midas TAC.

Too bad the Midas TAC FFP reticle is extremely hard to see at the lowest magnification to be useful in real world hunting situations.

OOPS Scratchcoobster to the rescue no need to buy the Gen2 Argos now!!! 

Oh, BTW @Nelson86m - you can find the Alpha at Extreemtactical for $199, Free Shipping + 5% new sign on discount. They are slow at getting orders out, so expect about 3 weeks delivery. I have no affiliation with Extreemtactical or AimSports, and am only passing this information on to help you get the best deal on a very nice scope.

Hope you find one at a good price - you won't be disappointed.

I think they are already done with that sale.

https://www.ebay.com/p/11020040390

EBay $229 with free shipping is the current lowest overall price shipped since DVOR Now $215 PLUS tax and PLUS SHIPPING and their shipping is EXTREMELY SLOW.

Their 2.5-15x50 is still on sale though.

Snooze u lose!!!

4.5-27x50

https://extreemtactical-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/extreemtactical.com/amp/aim-sports-ja6hd452750mr-alpha-6-4-5-27x50-30mm-riflescope-with-mr1-mrad-reticle/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16117933265435&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fextreemtactical.com%2Faim-sports-ja6hd452750mr-alpha-6-4-5-27x50-30mm-riflescope-with-mr1-mrad-reticle%2F

2.5-15x50

https://extreemtactical-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/extreemtactical.com/amp/aim-sports-ja6hd251550mr-alpha-6-2-5-15x50-30mm-riflescope-with-mr1-mrad-reticle/?amp_js_v=a6&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQHKAFQArABIA%3D%3D#aoh=16117933265435&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fextreemtactical.com%2Faim-sports-ja6hd251550mr-alpha-6-2-5-15x50-30mm-riflescope-with-mr1-mrad-reticle%2F

Screenshot_2021-01-27-14-22-122.1611793657.png
Screenshot_2021-01-27-14-21-122.1611793799.png

EBay has a price break on the 2.5-15x50 when buying more than 2. Compared to my Hawke Frontier 3-15x50 I just got they have VERY similar glass it's UNBELIEVABLE all depends if you got the cash to blow and tolerate FFP reticles hard to see at low magnification. This Hawke Frontier is at least semi tolerable at 3x believe it or not.

https://www.ebay.com/c/6020044266

Screenshot_2021-01-27-14-39-162.1611794491.png

Hawke Sport Optics Frontier FFP 3-15x50 FFP Mil Ext.IR Riflescope, Black, 18320 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B078JBJF1M/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_UAGeGbP7568DY

Screenshot_2021-01-27-14-35-182.1611794269.png

☝ I paid less than HALF of this price though SHIPPED!!!

Extreemtactical has less than stellar communication skills and can take 3 weeks. Longest around a month but it's the price for saving money.

I am going back to these since they are super easy to adjust and affordable. Formerly known as B-SQUARE AA adjustable rings. Shop smart they're cheaper do a search. Optics planet take a very long time to ship FYI. 

http://sunopticsusa.com/adjustable-airgun-rings-ring-base-combos-30mm-weaver-base-sm0230/

That's still a great buy @ $229 on Ebay for a scope of that quality. Extreem had a good deal but they are slooowww with their shipping. It's not the shipper's fault, it's just that Extreem can't get it out the door.

Sorry, you're right that was a 15% discount bringing what I paid to $169.15 + NO Tax + Free Shipping. I can wait a little longer to get the merchandise at that price. Also, have too many scopes anyway. When I get a new one it means work - dismount current scope, mount and level new scope, go shoot and zero new scope. Where's the fun in that? LOL 

I know there are a bunch of people here with the Alpha 6 and for the money, the optics are really nice. I think I got mine after YoDoyle recommended it for a price of about $200. Of course, as usual, I was a little late and ended up paying about $220, if I remember correctly? That’s still a great price. My son was using the scope and really did enjoy it. We had talked about buying something with more magnification because we shoot past 150yds often and my son has a hard time seeing the tiny bullseye, differentiating the pellet holes. past 100 yards. We decided we would wait and buy a scope down the road at some point, or if we could swoop in on the Sightron SIII sale, we’d get one of those. They have come up for sale for under $700 twice recently and we missed out both times. Just our luck! Lol. If anyone bought two or three or four and would be willing to sell one, please get a hold of me. I am interested! We just don’t want the one with a standard mil dot reticle.

So, a couple of weekends ago my sons and I were shooting at 50 yds, we started shooting at the 100 yard target and my son Alex’s pellet strikes were consistently low. I asked him what was going on. He said he didn’t know. He dialed more elevation, nothing. The elevation turret had quit working properly. We took it apart and looked everything over, couldn’t find anything out of the ordinary. We locked the scope in our tripod’s gimbal head to hold it steady and cranked the elevation. I made 3-4 full revolutions up and down over and over, the turret just wouldn’t give him any elevation, or any movement at all for that matter. My boys and I shoot at fairly distant targets pretty often and almost always dial elevation and hold for wind. Without the elevation turret working properly, it’s no good to us. I already bought Alex a new scope but I am going to contact Aim Sport and see how good their warranty really is. Hopefully the scope can be repaired or replaced in a timely fashion.

Like I said already, there are a lot of people here on AGN that have purchased and use this scope at the advise of YoDoyle. This is the first one that I’ve heard of that has taken a dump. I don’t know if we just got a bad one or it happened because we dial elevation every time we shoot. Either way the scope crapped out on us and I wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem with their elevation or windage turrets and make you aware. On the bright side, it’s hard to complain about a pretty good scope that only cost $220 and has a lifetime warranty.

Have a great evening. Stoti

I know there are a bunch of people here with the Alpha 6 and for the money, the optics are really nice. I think I got mine after YoDoyle recommended it for a price of about $200. Of course, as usual, I was a little late and ended up paying about $220, if I remember correctly? That’s still a great price. My son was using the scope and really did enjoy it. We had talked about buying something with more magnification because we shoot past 150yds often and my son has a hard time seeing the tiny bullseye, differentiating the pellet holes. past 100 yards. We decided we would wait and buy a scope down the road at some point, or if we could swoop in on the Sightron SIII sale, we’d get one of those. They have come up for sale for under $700 twice recently and we missed out both times. Just our luck! Lol. If anyone bought two or three or four and would be willing to sell one, please get a hold of me. I am interested! We just don’t want the one with a standard mil dot reticle.

So, a couple of weekends ago my sons and I were shooting at 50 yds, we started shooting at the 100 yard target and my son Alex’s pellet strikes were consistently low. I asked him what was going on. He said he didn’t know. He dialed more elevation, nothing. The elevation turret had quit working properly. We took it apart and looked everything over, couldn’t find anything out of the ordinary. We locked the scope in our tripod’s gimbal head to hold it steady and cranked the elevation. I made 3-4 full revolutions up and down over and over, the turret just wouldn’t give him any elevation, or any movement at all for that matter. My boys and I shoot at fairly distant targets pretty often and almost always dial elevation and hold for wind. Without the elevation turret working properly, it’s no good to us. I already bought Alex a new scope but I am going to contact Aim Sport and see how good their warranty really is. Hopefully the scope can be repaired or replaced in a timely fashion.

Like I said already, there are a lot of people here on AGN that have purchased and use this scope at the advise of YoDoyle. This is the first one that I’ve heard of that has taken a dump. I don’t know if we just got a bad one or it happened because we dial elevation every time we shoot. Either way the scope crapped out on us and I wanted to see if anyone else has had a problem with their elevation or windage turrets and make you aware. On the bright side, it’s hard to complain about a pretty good scope that only cost $220 and has a lifetime warranty.

Have a great evening. Stoti

Will be interesting to see how they handle the warranty. Let us know what they end up doing. Next time I see these scopes go on sale mabey I'll buy a spare if I like it just incase.