Athlon scopes

So, we're talking NX8 4-32x50 FFP, or the NX8 2.5-20x50 FFP, right?

The MIL-XT and the MIL-C reticle have a 0.05 mil dot in the center, that would be 0.17 moa — not 1.5 moa if I interpret the chart at the Nightforce website Matthias

No, the 1-8. Sorry, I should have been more clear. It's not a *huge* deal, but it is the one fault I find with that reticle. The general scheme though is brilliant for an FFP with a 1x setting where a lot of other reticles disappear right when you'd want them to be bold.

GsT

I have the Midas TAC 4-16 and I love it. The reticle is awesome for hunting, not all clutter with a blizzard of dots.

I look at FFP scopes this way: when you're zoomed out to the lower magnification levels the reticle sort of becomes a crosshair. You usually shoot at close targets on lower power so I don't think it's a big deal. When I zoom in to 10x-16x the reticle points really start to appear and I'm usually shooting at further targets anyway, so this is fine with me.

Another point to consider in FFP scopes is the magnification range. For example a 3-9x has a magnification range of 3:1 so the reticle is only 1/3 the size at 3x as it is on 9x. A 4-14x is a 4:1 magnification range so the reticle will be 1/4 the size at 4x as it is on 16x. Now, consider some of the whiz-bang super-duper magnification range scopes like 3-18 or something like that. The reticle would be 1/6 the size on 3x as on 18x. That's the penalty you pay for a high magnification range FFP scope. You don't get something for nothing.