Athlon Optics. Finaly we have more scope options. Including close focus and FFP.

Just got home and unpacked my Athlon Talos 3-12 mildot . First impressions are very nice !!! Clear and cross hair is perfect thickness to my mind . Very thin with small mildots . Focus and AO are both smooth to turn but snug so hopefully they will stay put when shot from a springer. I'll mount it and compare to the other scopes I have on hand tomorrow when light is better and try and get a feel for how it tracks . It is very compact and nicely packaged and finished ....So far so good ... update Wednesday whether it's good or bad

Here's some info I just got from Jason at Sportsgear Optics. I was interested in the Talos BTR & Argos BTR, and here's what he said in regards to availability:

Talos 4-14X44 & Argos 6-24X50 MOA will be available May 27th. The Argos 6-24X50 MIL will be available the first week of June.

I was seriously considering placing an order, but had a holdup. He told me that my credit card will be charged the day the order is placed, not when the product is actually shipped.

Is it me, or does anybody else have a hard time justifying almost $700 charged to their card (for two scopes) for something that won't even be shipped out for another 2-4 weeks?

I got my MTC Genesis back from AoA and since it is of similar specs to the Athlon Midas I was curious to how they are next to the other. Both are close in weight and length with each having a 50mm objective. The power range is almost the same: the Genesis at 5x-20x and Midas 2.5x to 15x. The Midas is about 100 dollars more (msrp, I looked and only paid $60 more for the Midas). Both of mine are MOA.

Optics: Midas is the clear winner offering a view of fine crisp details. I was looking at a mailbox 30 yards away through each one and the Genesis starting at 15 power shows it is not made with ED glass (but not crap by any means). The Midas has ED in parts or all of it and the numbers on the mailbox were sharper lacking the CA haze that the Genesis showed. Mind you on 12x or lower the Genesis looks very good and it is as bright as the Midas. And before I had the Midas I thought the Genesis was great in terms of clarity. But now the Midas wins that round.

Color: Both seem equal, displaying true to life, easy on the eyes color. Since the Athlon won in the optics it too wins here as there is almost no CA therefore no purple to speak of.

Eye relief: This one is tough. On lower powers the Midas holds out on 2.5 through 8x on exit pupil and therefore is easier and forgiving. Around 10x and up the Genesis still is at half power so edges out the Midas that is approching its max at 15x. Then at 15x I would say they are the same. Both though are so close and great for eyeglass users.

Range finding, Parallax:
The wheel on the Genesis has what feels like more accurate markings in practice. I didnt mount each one yet to test that aspect. Both would 'snap' into focus but not being a FT guy I dont know which would be better. 10 yards is the minimum on each.

I like the LED power switch on the Athlon better but if any want to know the Genesis has a higher brightness of the reticle for what it's worth. Less of it is illumunated only the very center, which may be less distracting for some.

I would say since the Athlon has open turrents, better glass type construction and an acceptable power range, that it edges out the slightly cheaper costing MTC Genesis. The reticles are similar at first glace but one would have to research which is better for their shooting.

@ Duncan Hynes, that was a good review/comparison of both scopes.

I sold my Genesis a few weeks back, so I don't have it to compare side by side. However from memory the Midas 4.5 -27 is far superior in clarity for sure. Actually I never liked my Genesis as much as my Mamba Lites or my MTC Connect. In my opinion the only scope that I have owned or still own that I can fairly compare my Midas to is my March 5-32. It is more crisp than my Meopta. I don't know if it is the weather , but I don't seem to get as much mirage with my Midas as do with my March on high settings, but I need to do some side by side to be sure about that. I think it is lighter than my March also. While time will tell how it holds up, first impression it is one heck of a scope for the money or even a lot more money. 

Yes actually I did tell him . He said their warranty is no questions asked as long as it wasn't obviously abused . Cause you just know there is some retard out there who is gonna back a car over his new scope after having one too many of grandpa's special cough syrups . The scope that's on my FWB now isn't springer rated and it's held up for over 2000 shots , its actually much more than that I make a mark on my box after every empty pellet tin and I emptied 4 and have 10 or so tins open now I'm shooting out of . Scope is due today or Monday , I'll follow up with my review once it's mounted