Athlon Optics. Finaly we have more scope options. Including close focus and FFP.

Hey DuncanHynes that's great news that the 2.5-10 focuses down to 10 yards. Better than I expected. I could live with 30 yards but not 50-100 like most ffp scopes.

The Midas looks good on your Wolverine B Nutcracker! I like your off set back up iron sights. I have a similar set up on an AR. Works great. might have to try that on my RAW HM1000x .25. I can't tell from the photos, is that a picatinney or 11mm rail? I'm guessing it's pic/weaver as I have not seen off set sights for 11mm.

Very nice, I saw the clearance. I did forget to mention, I saw on SniperHide forum that a user asked Kevin at Athlon to extend a discount since he was a forum member. Not unlike some venders do here or on flashlight sites. I had joined SniperHide to ask questions in a post regarding the Athlon and Midas. They (Athlon/Kevin) gave me 10% off. I got the Midas from SportsGear Optics, basicly their own vendor site. Good luck.

My Midas came in and yes, it does focus down to 10 yards, maybe less. The knob goes just past the 10 mark. The picture is really clear, just holding it up without it on the rifle. Eye relief and pupil size is great on 2.5 through 8 power and obviously gets tighter at max but shouldn't be any issue. I do like the controls on the parallax for the illumination.
I will know more once I have it on the rifle.

Ok, I had power on 2.5 and was focusing the eyepiece but it was blurry yet there was no more travel, all the way tight. I spun power all the way up and I could read the 20 and 30 so it was in focus then...but on 5 power or less it is not. Just a touch enough not to be sharp. Anyone experience this phenomenon? My other scopes be it diaopter or eyepiece the power wont change the sharpness of the reticle.

Ok try this again I am tired. The parallax set to infinity may have fixed my issue along with the power set to max, 15. There is a smuge on the eyepiece so my Ziess lens wipes will be needed. In daylight I will check everything over and zero in if weather permits. Here is a pic of the turrents/ side wheel since none existed on the internet of the 2.5-15x version...until now, boooYAH!

SportingGear Optics is the best place IMO. They did kinda get squeamish when I asked the return policy they said they would be happy to trade a scope model for a different model if one didnt work out. But I got the answers I wanted about the 10 yard parallax on the 15x model and the price and shipping was great.

I shot the Midas and I really think it will be a great, fine hunting scope. The focus is really close to actual yardage. My range is set at 26.5yards now and I snapped it in focus and looked, it was short of the 30 yard mark on the wheel. It is CLEAR. On 2.5 power you might as well trip over what you see. 8 power seems best for my needs between eye relief and power but I zeroed it on max with 18gr JSBs.

I am still wondering why 15x is the true reticle power setting. I wish they marked it like any other scope I have seen. In any case I recommend it. I dont usually do tracking or box tests on my scopes. I could if any are interested in such things.

Guys, I read that the washer-zero-stop-hack could work...BUT...if one turned the turrent too hard or fast and it hits the washer it will continue to put pressure on the internal screw. This could strip threads causing repair. You just have to remember it is there and be gentle (wrap electrical tape around the tree marks under the created 'zero').

I think a better solution would be to use a flat face O-Ring to place on the 'outside' of the turrent tree marks. It would physically hide the tree that isnt being used and would give a solid stop-point for the shooter. He would know exactly where the zero stop is and not continue to turn the turrent (not being able to, lol). And the the possiblity of such screw stripping is deminished. IMO ☺

30 Cal, you order the platinum plated model!? Sorry man.

Duncan, I think that's a valid point. But on my Vortex scopes they provide stackable shims that do the same thing to set the stop, so would assume the unit is somewhat robust. Heck, time 30Cal and I get ours we will be to old and weak to exert much pressure. In my case as my memory goes from old age I may have forgotten why I ordered it.