• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Athlon Optics. Finaly we have more scope options. Including close focus and FFP.

Wow! You guys have been busy on this thread while I've been gone. Just got back from a 4 day defensive hand gun corse at FrontSight in Nevada. Sounds good that some are trickling in, but sounds like 30Cal and us other 8x32 folks are in for the long haul. Waiting seems to be the norm. How ever, I had a new little Brocock sitting on my doorstep when I got home to keep me entertained until something else shows. Needed a shop gun for the kids. If this scope really works out I'll need a couple more to replace whats on my other guns. Like to keep them all the same. It'll be a scope yard sale. And it's all 30Cal's fault! 

Ya, 30cal. When I checked they just said they were waiting for a shipment to their distribution center. Wouldn't give me a time. Going to be a race to see which comes first. The scope or my Impact. I'm going to just hang in there. It'll show some day. I must be getting OLD. I seem to remember when cash was king and if you wanted to buy something, someone ALWAYS was there to get you what you wanted and TAKE THE MONEY. Now it seems if you want to buy something you get to stand in LINE WAITING for someone to take your money. Plus they start selling before the product is even ready, built or in stock. New world. 

I called SportsGear Optics and a gent answered phone after 4 rings and was polite and attentive...he did not have the answers I wanted but said he would do research on the Midas and email me what he found. He did in about 10 minutes or less...I will let you guys know the Midas 2.5-15x will parallax to 10 yards. http://athlonoptics.com/product/midas-btr-2-5-15x50-ahmr-sfp-ir-moa/

The 27x model from what I was reading only goes to 30 yards.

He stated their page specs were not correct. On SportsGear it shows the wrong info, I guess a webmaster has to update it.

On another forum that is geared to powder, SniperHide, there is a 17 page thread on Athlon. All had nothing but good things to say with minor bits and bobs of constructive remarks about turrents or the like. All said the Argos and Midas are great (and the Cronos, holy COW!)

The Midas is HD glass which is basicly ED, extra low dispurstion. I have a spotting scope that is ED and have seen Miopta ED optics, and they are all amazing. I hope the Midas is such, I will post my take on it. I got the MOA version. MOA is finer when it come to adjustments.

Happy shooting.