Athlon Optics. Finaly we have more scope options. Including close focus and FFP.

I just got my Talos BTR 4-14. I mounted it on a Royale 500. It looks well made and the glass is clear. I really like the reticle through the full range of magnification. It is not intrusive but gives lot of information when needed. It is, at the moment, my favorite reticle. I zeroed the scope and then reset the turrets. The turrets are a little mushy, with a click, but appear accurate. I shot a box (3 mils up, then 3 right, then 3 down, then 3 left) which looked square and returned to zero.

I will either buy another Talos BTR or the Argos BTR 6-24×50. The reticles are similar but I like the Talos center cross better. I understand that the turrets are better on the Argos but have a reliable report that the next shipments of Talos BTR will have the Argos type turrets. Something to which we can look forward.

My turrets feel the same. Solid reliable click but while solid/stiff there is a bit of mush or creep right before the click. If I am rotating through 3 or 4 clicks I don't notice it. It's only when I slowly advance by one click that I feel that little creep before the click. It feels solid once it has clicked. It feels worlds better and is much more clear and bright than any scope I have previously owned or borrowed. The reticle is amazing. I really like it a lot. The range of illumination is great from a subtle almost blood red when looking at an object in shadows to a crisp bright red that does not bleed into the outer glass. I can't wait to mount it up. 

LOL! Hey don't use me as an excuse for your lack of will power. ;-) But you are welcome for the info. Speaking of info I just got an e-mail back from Athlon. Looks like the Argos are still on the first production run and as such are not threaded for a sun shade yet. The second batch will be threaded and have a shade available. That's to bad as I really want a shade. Should I wait or look for an aftermarket solution? Humm?