Athlon Optics. Finaly we have more scope options. Including close focus and FFP.

"Berky"Got a email today from Athlon. They now expect scopes in on June 10th. They should go out a week later. So, if we're lucky it will be mid June.
Which model is that? The last (previous) status for Argos scopes was 26 May arrival and going out two days later. Not sure when OpticsPlanet gets them. I had it on order since March.

"DuncanHynes"The Argos doesnt seem suited for air rifles as much as Talos, on paper anyway. Its parallax is 25 yards min where as Talos is 10 or 15 yards (for the 16x). None of the Argos models have illuminated reticles. They look to be geared toward powder guns due to the longer eye relief. Just sayn'.
The Athlon web page shows 15 yards to infinity for the 8-34x BTR. I do mainly 50-100 yard target/plinking. I am addicted to high power scopes and I prefer FFP. The Argos 8-34x, if the quality is there, fills that void above the $300 budget FFP scopes.

Since I have my Sightron SIII, MTC Genesis 5-20, Athlon Midas 2.5-15 and soon the Talos 6-24 I figured photos will be needed in any next review. My custom plate/base will make it the easiest way to mount each scope, take photos and go on to the next optic.

What photos will you guys find best to use as a reference? I will take one of each scope on its low, medium and high powers, aiming at a Gamo card at 26.5 yards. Do you want other photos of different objects with the illuminated reticles on? I don't have a scenic backyard but am open to ideas to test each.

I was putting a lot of hope in Athlon. I'd like to change out all my scopes so everything is the same. Just have a garage sale and sell off the scopes on the guns I shoot all the time. Just haven't found the right scope. I've had a Argos on order for last couple of months. Waiting is OK, but this idea of saying they will ship in two weeks, or to some set time in the future and then not making the date gets old. If they don't know when then fine, just say so. Before I retired the fastest way to lose a customer was to tell them you would be there on a certain date and then not show. But what the hell do I know.