Athlon Midas Tac or Athlon Ares?

I have only the Ares 4.5-30x56 with uhd glass incredibly clear and crisp image! In my opinion it’s the best bang for the price. I shoot almost daily in my back yard out to 125yrds and it’s very easy on my eyes. When with friends at a private gun range I was able to look through many quality scopes for long periods of time all the way till dark. The closest comparison was the vortex razor gen 2 4.5-27x56 , the glass was identical! . So $1199.00 dollars later I have never been disappointed. Hope that helps 

I've had the Midas Tac to compare against my Ares ETR 4.5-30. The comparison is, the ETR is in a different league. It stands solid in the sub $1K range that has some very stiff competition. I can appreciate what it brings to the table even compared to my Vortex Razor AMG 6-24. So many variables to consider in that price range. Have fun!

Patrick

Steve I'm a little confused with what you mean by the prescription in the Midas? and the IQ? Are you suggesting the Midas Tac were better for you over the Ares?

Yes, even though the Ares non ETR's are higher up in the product line the glass prescription doesn't suit my eyes as much as the TAC line does. Why, I don't know but I could plainly see a difference????? Other than this the rest of the G2 Ares line's controls were fine, like turrets, etc.

Also my friend sold his two Ares 4.5-27's and bought two Midas TAC 6-24's which he likes better as well.

Might be an "old eyes" thing but this was our experience.

Honestly I like my Helos G2 6-24 better than the Ares non ETR's plus they're much less money.