Athlon Midas Tac 6-24 vs Aztec Emerald 5.5x25

I own an Aztec Emerald 5.5x25x50 FFP, been using it about a month now so far I’m liking it very much. Have taken starlings from 15 to 70 yards, rats out to 55 yards. Used during the day and at night, where the illuminated reticle really shines. I’ve taken pests at all the magnification levels up to 25x. The reticle is uncluttered, and gives and excellent look at the target. The Christmas tree has dots at 2, 4, 6, and 8 MOA and are visible at 5.5x with illumination on, so you can use holdovers at this low setting depending on lighting conditions. Not a direct comparison to the Midas Tac... Just one guys experience.

Can anyone simply describe the main differences in the various models of Athlon scopes? Agos, Midas, Helios, WTF, it's all Greek to me. I am assuming that the Midas Tac and the Midas BTR have the same quality glass, but the main difference is focal plane. Am I interpreting that correctly?

I have used a lower end Talos. The Midas is amazing. I have a Sig Sauer Tango scope made in Japan...nothing touches that in clarity. But for $500 the Midas is BriGHt and very good overal. I have the first focal plane cousin of it too. The Athlons are made in China except the Cronos if I am correct. But the quality and materials, the glass, is high end. The Talos was nothing close but could be okay for some. I really like first focal plane now. The reticle isnt too thick on high power at all, not on any of these models anyway. My scopes are 2-15x.

I'm finding out right quick scopes are like Ford , Chevy, Dodge etc. when it comes with opinions. I just purchased the Aztec 5.5-23x50 lighted reticle and love it. It truly to me checks off all the boxes. Since it's a fairly new company I don't think it's going to get the marks some others do. I did a lot of searching before buying and couldn't find a bad review on the Aztec. I have found when a new company tries to break into a already established market they tend to go all out. All this sold me. Plus it come in a really " Bad Ass" box. 

I'm finding out right quick scopes are like Ford , Chevy, Dodge etc. when it comes with opinions. I just purchased the Aztec 5.5-23x50 lighted reticle and love it. It truly to me checks off all the boxes. Since it's a fairly new company I don't think it's going to get the marks some others do. I did a lot of searching before buying and couldn't find a bad review on the Aztec. I have found when a new company tries to break into a already established market they tend to go all out. All this sold me. Plus it come in a really " Bad Ass" box.

Yes, a lot of brands have their fanboys, and it’s all good. My Aztec 5.5x25x50 FFP IR SF, has been awesome. I shoot my Compatto almost everyday. In my yard I have targets out to 70 yards and can go further. I can make first round hits on wine corks, black walnut shells, toy soldiers, and rubber rats out to 60 yards easily. The reticle is uncluttered and that center dot helps you get an unobstructed view of the POI. The hash marks are easy to see and the illumination is icing on the cake. Many, many critters have fallen to this scope and rifle combo at ranges from 10 — 100 yards. I would buy another.