• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Athlon HERAS SPR Scopes "perfectly suited to airguns"

I'm seriously interested in the Heras 6-24x56 SFP Mil for my HW97K. It seems to have just the right combination of features for what I use the 97...FT, Benchrest, backyard sniping pests and plinking...seems to have it all.

The Midas TAC 6-24 is an awesome scope...but it's FFP and no illumination. This is truly the first scope that seems to have the right feature set that I'm looking for... Plus, it's a 30mm tube...I've made a personal vow to avoid 34mm scopes...
Midas Tac is a great scope. I just picked up a 4-16 and 6-24 that were for sale in a local equip buy and sell. I got them pretty cheap and they are a perfect size for my HW97K and Dreamline .22. I have other Athlons with 34 mm tube but they are just too big. I run the Helos Gen2 2-12 on my centerfire hunting rifles, but I prefer the finer reticle center of the Tac for my air rifles. If it was just a hunting air rifle set up, I would probably use the Helos 2-12 with ranges under 80 yards.

I bought the 2-12. Really nice for the money. There some reviews on this page if you go back a few weeks
I have one in 4-20 but i havent mounted it up yet. (got as a gift) It looks and feels good but havent actually used it. Good to know you like it. Problem i have is, i dont have a spot on an air gun for it, only place it could go is a my 7mm so i dont know if that really makes sense for this scope hah.

I'm seriously interested in the Heras 6-24x56 SFP Mil for my HW97K. It seems to have just the right combination of features for what I use the 97...FT, Benchrest, backyard sniping pests and plinking...seems to have it all.

The Midas TAC 6-24 is an awesome scope...but it's FFP and no illumination. This is truly the first scope that seems to have the right feature set that I'm looking for... Plus, it's a 30mm tube...I've made a personal vow to avoid 34mm scopes...
Why do you want to avoid 34?

Reactions: peaceful_ruler
Yesterday it occurred to me that I should sell my Nikon 3-9x32 which is on my HK300 and replace it with that Heras 2-12. The Nikon is the only MOA scope I have left so it'd be nice to totally transition to MIL/MIL for "all" my scopes. :D

I have a Heras 2-12 arriving here a week or so so that'll be fun. I'll mount it up on my Steyr ProX or FX Royale first for a few weeks then put it on that HK300.

Reactions: csolf