Athlon Heras questions ??

Got to look at one (4-12x) at a local gun store. Seems really nice for the money but looking 10 yards away at a wall I don’t think is all telling. I would want the 4-20 but unfortunately they didn’t have it. It’s nice it goes down to 10 yards and the glass seems very clear but again 10 yards away. My only concern is the reticle is actually quite thin. Anyone that owns this model have you run into issues seeing the reticle while hunting? Seems it may be an issue in only very slightly low light conditions? Please post any experience you have with the Heras. Thank you.

I have the Heras 2-12 and the 4-20. If I were hunting in low light I'd always use a scope with illume given the choice. That said I've done quite a bit of plinking during the day with both scopes.

Ha, I was hitting a steel plate at 1122Y just two weeks ago with the 4-20 on my 20 cal varmint rifle. The scope was topped out and it still tracked well.

For hunting the Helos G2 2-12 DMR is the one I'd use. Got a couple of them too and can't recommend them enough. These are a bit more versatile in nature due to having a thicker reticle, FFP, illume, and locking turrets. Also used this scope on the same 1122Y steel but on a AR. Don't be afraid of the large dot in the mil version. Only covers an inch at 100Y.

I have the 2-12x42 Heras SPR and is pretty nice for the money, a little chromatic aberration though. Parallax is pretty accurate and works just below 10 yards too, turret clicks are good also. Not sure what the glass does on higher power scopes though. I feel my Hawke Airmax glass is better. It’s my first Athlon.

Got mine from Camera Land, no tax and on sale, around $315.

Reactions: Trucker3573