• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

ATHLON HELOS GEN2 1-10x28 REVIEW

I just got a HELOS GEN2 1-10×28... https://athlonoptics.com/product/helos-btr-gen2-1-10x28-atmr4-sfp-ir-moa/

I can already tell that it is a keeper. Once you get used to these 34mm scopes it's hard to go back to a 30mm scope. For the money I think the Athlon Helos line of scopes is absolutely unbeatable!

All the best, Chuck

20210907_164721.1631048676.jpg

20210907_164815.1631048685.jpg

20210907_164954.1631048708.jpg

Yup, very nice reticle indeed but no AO and parallax set at 100 yards means it's plainly a powder burner scope to me. Once I tried my first AO scope I was hooked and I have not been able to bring myself to purchase anything else since.

Very nice scope for an AR though for sure, that reticle, and the 10 power is to die for.

Thanks for the post.

Thanks biohazardman for picking out one of the points I wanted to make about this scope. I was afraid that with the parallax set at 100 yards targets at closer ranges would be blurry and out of focus, but to my happy surprise I discovered that this is not true! 

Once you get used to not having a side focus parallax adjustment knob, you instinctively learn to adjust the magnification until the object is just in clear focus and make the shot! It's really fun and becomes second nature once you get used to it.

I highly recommend this Helos Gen2 1-10x28 as a close or mid range option. The glass quality is far above its price range for sure!

All the best, Chuck

Mr.H the Helos Gen2 1-10x28 has a 34mm tube but has a 28mm Objective Lens Diameter. But to answer your question at dusk under low light conditions this baby is unbelievably bright and clear. I have been playing with it for about a week while waiting for my new 34mm FX No Limits rings to arrive. Oh and by the way, when illuminated the reticle is "daylight bright" with 6 levels of intensity. To my eyes the glass in this scope rivals that of Athlon's most expensive scopes...I think at the factory they accidently put Cronus glass in it by mistake? :) Or maybe since they didn't have to spend any money on a parallax side focus assembly they spent the money on better glass instead? You just have to see it to believe it! I think it would work great on those big bore air rifles like the Texan, and also on big bore black powder muzzleloaders as well. This scope is definitely a Hog Buster for sure! :)

Best regards, Chuck

Reactions: Mr.H
Mr.H the Helos Gen2 1-10x28 has a 34mm tube but has a 28mm Objective Lens Diameter. But to answer your question at dusk under low light conditions this baby is unbelievably bright and clear. I have been playing with it for about a week while waiting for my new 34mm FX No Limits rings to arrive. Oh and by the way, when illuminated the reticle is "daylight bright" with 6 levels of intensity. To my eyes the glass in this scope rivals that of Athlon's most expensive scopes...I think at the factory they accidently put Cronus glass in it by mistake? :) Or maybe since they didn't have to spend any money on a parallax side focus assembly they spent the money on better glass instead? You just have to see it to believe it! I think it would work great on those big bore air rifles like the Texan, and also on big bore black powder muzzleloaders as well. This scope is definitely a Hog Buster for sure! :)

Best regards, Chuck

Cool! You've got my new scope juices flowing. I could think of a number of rifles that would be great on. What are you using for rings until your 34mm FX rings show up?

Hi Centercut, I just got home from shooting with this new scope. I don't know the "minimum focus range on 10X" yet, but I can tell you that at 25 yards 8X was clear but 10X was a little blurry. I can't imagine why you would ever need more than 8X at 25 yards but then I don't know anything about how you shoot your Speed Events either.