Athlon Helos BTR G2 4-20x50

How come I haven't heard anything about this scope? I came across this scope just very recently and am shocked that I can find very little info on it from others. This scope is awesome! I had an Ares ETR UHD 3-18x50 which was an excellent scope but on the large side with 34mm tube. Also at $1000. Loved it but just didn't need a scope in that price range. Since then pretty much just used a 4-16x44 Midas Tac and the 2-12x42 Helos BTR G2. Both excellent scopes but not the reticle I like for longer ranges. The APRS6 reticle is one of my favorite reticles out there. While checking out the 2-12x42s to get another one I came across the 4-20x50. Had no idea about them. Heard about a 6-24x56 with 34mm tube but that was too big for my wants. But a 4-20x50, with 30mm tube, that came in the APRS6 reticle and was around $530 on sale? Yes please! Got it and man am I happy with it. Great scope for the money! I think Athlon has nailed there new Helos BTR G2 line of scopes. Not sure I'll go out of that line for scopes anymore. Between the 2-12 and 4-20 I'm super happy with a closer range pester, and long range target scope.

IMG_20220301_171351997.1646195239.jpg

Reactions: kyles1990
Dillon,

I'm glad you found a scope for your longer ranges. 👍🏼

I've been looking at that very scope since a couple of weeks! — And my biggest question has been: How does the glass compare to the Midas TAC and the Ares line?

I need bright, and I need clear... — for the scope cam. 😊 

I wished Athlon made more scopes with 10y parallax.....

Matthias

I have that same exact scope in the MOA version on my LCS SK19. Long ago when they first came out I told myself that that was the perfect size for what I needed it for. It gets away from the typical 6-24, but maintains thd same objective diameter as the 6-24, and I also like it cause it’s shorter than a typical 6-24 power model.

it has way way better audible clicks than the Gen1 Helos, and the zero stop feature is icing on the cake.

my wife and a friend got together and gifted me this scope as a surprise for last years Father’s Day/birthday, after he sneakingly found out what scope interested me on the LCS I had recently acquired. Sly dog, lol

i actually think it’s a perfect size scope and perfect in zoom power for an LCS

BDA3D248-2E30-4A0D-9905-2D1F9A1BBD4E.1646234450.jpeg
45F26DCF-D5E7-418E-A42E-AD38DBEE02A5.1646234451.jpeg

Reactions: Phildog59
Ezana4CE, you know you wanna!

Matthias, I find the glass on this scope to be very comparable to my Midas Tac even though it has HD glass. My Ares ETR had UHD meaning ED glass and was awesome! It's been quite some time since I looked through it but would assume the glass in it was better. Now how much? I don't think enough I'd spend the extra money to swing for it. For my needs the Helos BTR G2s have excellent glass that more than suits my needs. Very clear to my eyes.

Augie, glad to see someone else has one! I prefer MIL but I really enjoy what Athlon did with the new reticles in MIL and MOA in these scopes. It looks great on your LCS! I got the Monstrum flip caps for it just today also!

Steve, yeah I think it's a real nice scope for shooting squirrels and birds at longer ranges! Just love the reticle. And yeah I think it could be a good scope for that! Do they have the 16x limit? What I found interesting is this scopes mag range is marked at 4x, 6x, 9x, 12x, 16x and 20x. Odd numbers to pick but if they do have the limits.

Teber66, great looking pair you got there! Yeah I think the 4-20 would fit nicely in your collection. I have the 2-12 on a HW30S at the moment but being moved to a BSA Ultra SE .22 when I get it in.

Matthias, I find the glass on this scope to be very comparable to my Midas Tac even though it has HD glass.

Dillon,

thanks for your reply. I really shouldn't be looking to buy one, as I really should save the money to buy a usedDreamTac Compact....

I should, I know I should....

But that scope would be real nice....

O what a dilemma.... 🙄

I hope no-one offers the scope at a good price anywhere.... Maybe I should unsubscribe to the used scope sub-forums..... 🤔 I should, shouldn't I.....

Matthias

Also one thing I noticed is that the illumination is absolutely daylight bright. Like not even a question. Others I've had it was like yeah if I try hard I can see it in daylight. This one I can easily see it in daylight on power 5 and there's 6 powers. Very impressed with that. Its a brighter illumination than my Ares ETR UHD was even. 

DeadEye Review- Athlon Optics HELOS BTR Gen2

DeadEye Review of the Alton Optics HELOS Gen 2 scope for Field Target air rifle shooting. Check it out! Thanks to @airgunsofarizona and @Athlonoptics ! #airgunfieldtarget #deadeyereview #deadeyenc #athlonhelosbtrgen2 #jdscustomdesign #daystateredwolf #sportsmatchmounts #AAFTA #airrifleshooting

Nice scope, glad you like it!

The windage turret turned on my S&B during a tactical match one time which cost me the win as well. This is incredibly frustrating especially when you know that $$$$ should have been in your pocket but is in someone else's due to something like this happening. The very next scope I bought had locking turrets!

One reason among many why I like the Athlon Helos G2 line which is a wonderful scope for the money!

Reactions: DeadEyeNC
I handled the Helos 4-20 while at AOA. It is a nice scope. I love that reticle I have a Ares ETR with that reticle it is my favorite. And the Helos is a very comparable scope at almost half the price. It is nice and bright and looking into the shadows I can still see well. Like Dairyboy said it is lighter than the ETR. I hope to get one these some time.

DeadEye Review- Athlon Optics HELOS BTR Gen2

DeadEye Review of the Alton Optics HELOS Gen 2 scope for Field Target air rifle shooting. Check it out! Thanks to @airgunsofarizona and @Athlonoptics ! #airgunfieldtarget #deadeyereview #deadeyenc #athlonhelosbtrgen2 #jdscustomdesign #daystateredwolf #sportsmatchmounts #AAFTA #airrifleshooting
Thanks man. I have been curious how you have liked the scope since that first match. After seeing it that day, and knowing how much I have liked my Athlons, I have been very interested in trying one of these on a Hunter still rifle.

How come I haven't heard anything about this scope? I came across this scope just very recently and am shocked that I can find very little info on it from others. This scope is awesome! I had an Ares ETR UHD 3-18x50 which was an excellent scope but on the large side with 34mm tube. Also at $1000. Loved it but just didn't need a scope in that price range. Since then pretty much just used a 4-16x44 Midas Tac and the 2-12x42 Helos BTR G2. Both excellent scopes but not the reticle I like for longer ranges. The APRS6 reticle is one of my favorite reticles out there. While checking out the 2-12x42s to get another one I came across the 4-20x50. Had no idea about them. Heard about a 6-24x56 with 34mm tube but that was too big for my wants. But a 4-20x50, with 30mm tube, that came in the APRS6 reticle and was around $530 on sale? Yes please! Got it and man am I happy with it. Great scope for the money! I think Athlon has nailed there new Helos BTR G2 line of scopes. Not sure I'll go out of that line for scopes anymore. Between the 2-12 and 4-20 I'm super happy with a closer range pester, and long range target scope.

View attachment 199288
Put the 6-24x56 on my V3 as well. I don't understand why it's not more popular either. Some of the best turrets out there. Locking, zero stop, 100+moa elevation. Is a bit chunky but doesn't over do it or make your rifle ridiculous to carry. The all around quality just surprised me and I have absolutely zero bad things to say about purchasing the Helos BTR GEN 2. Great scope
IMG_20220803_055859.jpg

Last edited: