Athlon Helos 6-24x50

Craighobbit- if you had taken my suggestions early on you would already be content right now and no wasted money on blurry scopes. I don't recommend scopes that my own eyes can't handle.

I get dizzy and nautious looking through scopes with inacceptable optical glass at highest magnification and bad eyebox. 

I also don't mind paying the price for tier1 optics as long as they are perfect.

I like to buy cheap as hell scopes that gives the nicest picture for the least moneyes spent too. I go totally nuts paying $250-$1200 on scopes that aren't clear all the way. The Sightron SIII 10-50x60 series are the only ones I can live with that isn't clear all the way to 50x max power only when purchased for around half price $599-$749 but no way at regular $1000-$1600 retail.

Scopes have extremely high markup. Once you get a taste of great ones for really cheap it's very hard to feel happy to get ripped off paying more for inferior glass after that.

Craighobbit- if you had taken my suggestions early on you would already be content right now and no wasted money on blurry scopes. I don't recommend scopes that my own eyes can't handle.

I get dizzy and nautious looking through scopes with inacceptable optical glass at highest magnification and bad eyebox. 

I also don't mind paying the price for tier1 optics as long as they are perfect.

I like to buy cheap as hell scopes that gives the nicest picture for the least moneyes spent too. I go totally nuts paying $250-$1200 on scopes that aren't clear all the way. The Sightron SIII 10-50x60 series are the only ones I can live with that isn't clear all the way to 50x max power only when purchased for around half price $599-$749 but no way at regular $1000-$1600 retail.

Scopes have extremely high markup. Once you get a taste of great ones for really cheap it's very hard to feel happy to get ripped off paying more for inferior glass after that.

The next time I find an Alpha 6 on sale, I'll pull the trigger. If just to have it around for comparison. I don't like the reticles. If I find a orphan Barra, I'll do the same. You did say the Barra was better than the Alpha 6 ?

Yes it's a little more smooth and pleasing to the eye however the A6 has a much nicer eyebox throughout its entire 4.5-27x zoom range and well worth its $393.29 retail price IMHO. Most people believe you get what you pay for in life so it may be OK to pay the highest price for it maybe to get better quality.

https://www.aimsportsinc.com/alpha-6-4-5-27x50-30mm-riflescope-w-mr1-mrad-reticle/

The Barra is cheap because the company may no longer be in business soon. I no longer push the brand after I found out from another member here of their demise who posted it publicly on a Barra thread.

I would buy ALL OF the Barra 5-25x50 Hero FT that I pushed though because I feel bad about it and they all paid under $200 for them with free shipping with the cheapest being $150. Even posted I Don't think they have Warranty would buy them from members but nobody wants to sell theirs to me. NOT EVEN ONE OF THEM. Even offered to trade brand new A6s that cost more than the Barras.

OH!!! ONE sold his to me because he thought it was too big and too much scop. Magnification for him and I paid $200 shipped NIB Which he needed to buy a replacement scope. WIN-WIN. He bought an A6 2.5-15x50 with that $200 after that and is very happy.

Apparently scammers have them for sale when I posted several WTB Barra scopes.

I have 3 of them, so obviously I like them. Tried the Midas Tac, preferred the reticle a d turrets on the Helos. Mine are all MOA, just my preference, I think in inches AND MOA.

I read one review that was critical of the Helos clarity around the edges at 24X. Well, maybe it's just me, but I tend to use the center of the reticle! 

Unlike many FFP scopes, the Helos MOA reticle is not so think to obscure reasonably small targets at 24X, and yet is usable in the field on the lower end

Ok. I went ahead a purchase the Midway offering. APMR MIL.

I'll let you know how it turns out.

20201202_083500.1606926651.jpg