• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Athlon does it again !!!

I had to try some 50 yard groups w the new 3x12. The cardboard was wet and I kept knocking the dots off. The bigger group the dot flipped up sideways so basically I was aiming for pellet holes . The smaller group ,I knocked the dot off on the first shot and had to aim at the first shots hole. The clarity is good enough for me. A VP airgun and a VP scope . Using the bipod and a wobbly plastic table, 5 shot groups , 21g baracudas. I put dot up for size reference at 1".

20230314_145043.jpg
20230314_145055.jpg
20230314_123622.jpg

Reactions: steve123
This is the key here I think. I grabbed the Talos because it's going on a cheap PCP and there was no sense on putting a $400 optic on it. But I would never put it on a $1000 PCP.
As long as it holds zero and can see what your aiming at dont matter if it's 10$ or 500$ scope. Then some want prestige and smuggness..lol

I had to try some 50 yard groups w the new 3x12. The cardboard was wet and I kept knocking the dots off. The bigger group the dot flipped up sideways so basically I was aiming for pellet holes . The smaller group ,I knocked the dot off on the first shot and had to aim at the first shots hole. The clarity is good enough for me. A VP airgun and a VP scope . Using the bipod and a wobbly plastic table, 5 shot groups , 21g baracudas. I put dot up for size reference at 1".

View attachment 340613View attachment 340614View attachment 340615
Well you did better then me today at 50
R9,.177cphp, Talos 3x12 ..
disc2.jpg

Zeroed at 75 trying to use a holdunder (2 dot)

Reactions: Headshots
Its not lighter weight unless they changed somthing from the last a bought.. 3x12 is the one im referring to above ..lol. Its a tank. What is it showing at athlon , like 26 oz..View attachment 340472

My scope box looks like yours and it has the specs on the outside of the box. Mine reads 16.2 oz.

I don't think guys here are gear snobs. Most seem down to earth . Some of the guys have the very best equipment and are super nice. And how boring it would be if we all liked the same stuff and had had the same opinions. We all enjoy shooting and bsing.
And OP not trying to hijack your thread if you want me to delete my pics just say so.

Reactions: steve123
My scope box looks like yours and it has the specs on the outside of the box. Mine reads 16.2 oz.

I don't think guys here are gear snobs. Most seem down to earth . Some of the guys have the very best equipment and are super nice. And how boring it would be if we all liked the same stuff and had had the same opinions. We all enjoy shooting and bsing.
And OP not trying to hijack your thread if you want me to delete my pics just say so.
Well seems we kinda agree athlon is a pretty good scope at affordable price points. Ive also sent in a display scope ( bad turret grom customers twisting on it or it got dropped hard on it with out the cap ) i got on the cheap and athlon took care of it no fuss. Quick turn a round , shipping to them , 2 days with them, shipping time back , maybe 10 days total? Not bad at all.. scope as good as new .. maybe better...