Athlon Ares BTR gen 1 vs. gen 2?

I have a gen 1 turrets are mush. I bought a gen ii Helos and like it so much better I don't even have the Ares mounted on anything
Something you may want to check out to possibly fix up that Ares... I read where someone did a successful job of fixing the mushy turret feel on their Athlon by cleaning all of the factory grease out of the caps, o-rings and clicker detent parts, and then applied some new type of thinner lube.

Reactions: Ranchibi
Something you may want to check out to possibly fix up that Ares... I read where someone did a successful job of fixing the mushy turret feel on their Athlon by cleaning all of the factory grease out of the caps, o-rings and clicker detent parts, and then applied some new type of thinner lube.
Did that back in 2017 when they first came out it helped a bunch but still mush

Reactions: Airgun-hobbyist
I think the G2 Ares has stainless steel internals vs brass in the G1 and has HD glass in the G2. I had three of the G1's and two G2's generation. Liked the G2 turrets much more because they are more distinct, a more solid feel to turn, and have less lash. Though for whatever weird reason my eyes don't like the Ares BTR 4.5-27 glass prescription of either so I sold all of them.

I transitioned to Helos G2 which my eyes prefer more, or the Midas TAC which has ETR level glass to me, or the Cronus which is slightly superior to the Midas TAC's but its very subtle.

I'd go to the ETR for a little more money because its not as much as the Cronus but about the same quality except made in China. If you don't need Illume then go for the TAC line.