• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Other Ataman probes and pistols

Ataman AP-16 Air pistol probes and pistols being made now and available soon. USA made models...

Messenger_creation_fc1d5fdc-ac28-4a1d-ab8a-71147e0dba03.jpeg

Lee -

WHY...WHY...?

Replace the threaded end and machine the "Foster" fitting shape on the end of your probe !!!!!!!!
That way, folks don't need to spend, MORE...money on crappy adapters (and seals) that have...a Foster...fitting shape machined onto...it..

Also, a smaller feed hole to help slow the air entry into the cylinder. This helps from blasting a full load of high pressure air into the gun, all at once.
The Edguns have a (as I recall) about a .03" dia hole in their fill probes. That's all that's required.

In any case, great you are doing this work.

Mike

Lee -

WHY...WHY...?

Replace the threaded end and machine the "Foster" fitting shape on the end of your probe !!!!!!!!
That way, folks don't need to spend, MORE...money on crappy adapters (and seals) that have...a Foster...fitting shape machined onto...it..

Also, a smaller feed hole to help slow the air entry into the cylinder. This helps from blasting a full load of high pressure air into the gun, all at once.
The Edguns have a (as I recall) about a .03" dia hole in their fill probes. That's all that's required.

In any case, great you are doing this work.

Mike
Mike, im going to do it both ways. Everybody dont have a foster. I cant imagine why not.. as far as the hole, the smaller the hotter the air. Never seen a valve that couldn't regulate air input... thanks. Everything is ready but only 2 or 3 requesting one. Really not worth tooling up for it to be made. I will make a few but then put it away for good. I was shutting down the lathe to make these but not for 3.. lol

Mike, im going to do it both ways. Everybody dont have a foster. I cant imagine why not.. as far as the hole, the smaller the hotter the air. Never seen a valve that couldn't regulate air input... thanks. Everything is ready but only 2 or 3 requesting one. Really not worth tooling up for it to be made. I will make a few but then put it away for good. I was shutting down the lathe to make these but not for 3.. lol
Hmm, seems the current, PCP world is is built off of the Foster design air inlet. The AP16 sure is.

It's better to slow the air volume/pressure, before it gets to the guns cylinder. Just a thought.
But if you aren't going to be making more, the point is moot anyway.

I thought I understood that you were going to make some US made (copies) AP16 ?

Mike

Hmm, seems the current, PCP world is is built off of the Foster design air inlet. The AP16 sure is.

It's better to slow the air volume/pressure, before it gets to the guns cylinder. Just a thought.
But if you aren't going to be making more, the point is moot anyway.

I thought I understood that you were going to make some US made (copies) AP16 ?

Mike
And you would be correct. But there are legal hurdles to cross before actually making the whole gun. We are going to make the probes, threaded and foster... the gun is future but will put QC on bottom of cylinder ahead of guard.