• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ataman P16....anybody?

Hi, after some years shooting airguns , I decided to give air pistol shooting a try. Just can't make my mind up to choose which pistol to buy. I'm a target shooter only but I would like an appealing pistol at the same time . I like the ataman P16 for it's look , close to ….well a Colt 1911 , in my opinion.

I would like to know some opinions about this pistol . I get an ataman gun: very well made , accurate, reliable. Is it the same for the AP16?

Thanks to all of you

Aldea6

I like mine as well. In compact form it's pretty unique with size, power, and multishot capability along with the awesome looks. I've shot it some tethered and the probe o rings do not seem to like that and get stuck and torn. The included magazine fit great, the two spares I bought work but fit much tighter, even after attempting to adjust them. It's been accurate with a wide range of pellets from 12-18 grains I've tried so far at shorter ranges. I have a Weaver 1.5X4 scope on it and look forward to some longer range testing when I get the chance.

If you just want to buy one pistol, not have to mess with it and be happy, the Ataman is it. The PP700 is a decent pistol but it’s so big that guys have the urge to turn it into a gun. The Ataman feels like a pretty well balanced pistol, has a flawless regulator and is tuned for max power right out of the box. That’s why it’s a grand. My buddy has been shooting bumblebees with his at 20yrds. I also watched him lay out a chipmunk at 52yrds. They are that accurate. They are loud so consider spending some extra $ if you need a quiet pistol.