ataman , most accurate pellets for target shooting

50-100 yards with a pistol? Seriously?

Anyway, I found that my compact had an unchoked barrel and was fairly pellet picky. It shot JSB Wadcutters best, absolutely scattered other round nose JSBs, but did well with Superdomes. I wasn't real happy with those choices.

I removed the barrel, added some choke, recrowned and now it shoots all JSBs well and the 18gr excellently which I was excited about. 

My advice is start with pellets on the larger side. I'd try Superdomes and FTTs first. 

I have 2. One likes the 14 3gr CROSMAN pointed and cheap Wal-Mart Crosman Premier Hollowpoints CPHPs to shoot at 65 yards but I have the modular carbine stock on that one and haven't tried other pellets since its so DAMN ACCURATE shooting Crosmans. My other still in pistol form likes BOTH Crosman ammo too and H&N FTT 5.53 AND 5.54 and JSB AND AA 15.9gr. Decided to just stay ahead batting 1000 so I haven't tried any other pellets in that one. It is accurate as my highly customized HUMA Regulated Benjamin P-Rod with MMHF barrel about just under an inch at 50 yards consistently with no wind off of a pistol shooting vice-rest.

I literally just shot my AP16 with the P2C at 45 yards for the first time with a 6x Edgun Stalker. I'm zero'd at 14 yards so at 45 I only had to come up about 1 inch or so. I was only shooting with a front bag and still pretty easy to hold steady. Using the JSB 15.9gr @ 600fps. A bit breezey from the side but still able to keep the shots under 2" - with a 6x scope I think that's pretty decent. I'll do some more practicing but I don't see it unrealistic to get that group down under 1".

BTW - I wouldn't bother shooting that pistol past 50 yards. The pellet was visibly well on it's way down at that point and according to Chair Gun I'd be down 40 inches at 100 yards.

Today, I am going to purchase the standard pistol and add ons to make a compact. Which pellets have you found are most accurate for targets out 50 -100 yd ?

...where are you buying it...???...is it in stock...???...

...seven shots @ 24 ' (basement) and three at @ 48'...(back yard) with new compact...

...same point of aim...it is zeroed for a nominal 50 feet with the JPS jumbo 18grn heavies...

...I figger a point blank range of aboot 25-30 yards maybe...???...

thumbnail