Tuning Ataman M2R .357 - low velocity

What's up guys? Long time airgunner here, first time big bore owner... Recently purchased this Ataman M2R .357 (refurbished) from PA. The deal was way too good to pass up. Even after the discounted price, I was able to apply the 10% off coupon. I shot it for the first time today and it shoots great in terms of accuracy, but velocities range from 750-800... I paid for the 10 for 10, and noticed velocities we're low on the card I received with the rifle. Checked it myself in the interest of "trust but verify", and I got roughly the same velocities as the tester. All of the other videos I've seen of this gun are shooting in the upper 800s. Anyone else had this gun, and possibly had this issue? I'm hoping either the hammer spring is tired, or there's possibly a restrictor somewhere. There appears to be a small hole with a recessed screw under the stock, but I don't want to just go jamming allens in there and turning stuff without knowing what it's doing... Really hoping I didn't get a lemon either. It was a "certified refurbished", but who knows how much that's worth. Aesthetically the rifle is beautiful. No blemishes or flaws I can really see. Anyway, if someone could provide some insight I'd really appreciate it!! Thanks guys.

IMG_20220731_124909231.jpg

When I got mine it shot at 760 fps with the 81 gr jsb. I sent it back and they returned it shooting 900 fps. They said they had to lube the striker (hammer I'm guessing) never heard of a pcp needing lubricant on the hammer but who knows. Specs say 150 fpe they should have fixed it that's why you got the 10 for 10
Completely agree man! That's one of the reasons I wanted this gun ... For the 150FPE. Glad you got yours fixed! I'll try to get through to someone on the phone tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks for the comment!

I believe the HS has a set screw on the side for locking the adjustment screw .
The M2R has a guided hammer, the hammer is brass bushed and riding on a center rod. This same rod is also the HS adjuster screw.

I’m guessing if they lube the hammer that’s where they do it.

I no longer own mine, but when I had it, I made a reg tester. I see no reason to swap out the reg for a Huma. The ataman reg was really consistent. And adustment is as easy as any tube regulator.

I have 2 of these in .357. Huma makes a regulator for them. I put them in both of my guns. Much easier to up the power with them. Mine now are shooting the FX Hybrids at 950fps and are very accurate with them.
Hi..! Can you please help me with my Ataman?… I ordered a Huma-Reg but was wondering how to adjust the stock one. Turn in for more power or turn out?.. I know this is an old post, but hoping you can help since you seem to know more than most on here in regards to the Ataman line of guns. Thank you for your time.

Paul

I believe the HS has a set screw on the side for locking the adjustment screw .
The M2R has a guided hammer, the hammer is brass bushed and riding on a center rod. This same rod is also the HS adjuster screw.

I’m guessing if they lube the hammer that’s where they do it.

I no longer own mine, but when I had it, I made a reg tester. I see no reason to swap out the reg for a Huma. The ataman reg was really consistent. And adustment is as easy as any tube regulator.
Hi..I know this post is many years old but hoping you can shed some light on the Reg for the Ataman. My question is, which way do I turn the screw to get more power?.. in or out?. Again, I know this is an old post but hopefully you won’t mind helping me out with this question.

Thank you