• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Ataman M2R .22 Carbine owners

Hello , I decided to make some serious shooting tests with my Ataman M2R Carbine in .22 , rear bolt action. I put a lot of pellets through it and the result is that this gun , mine anyway , is very pellet fussy . I shot H/N baracuda match , FX Hybrids , Predator Metalmag , H/N Sniper and Hunter Extreme , Superdome , H/N Field Target...none of these were grouping correctly. All were shot at about 860 Ft/s

The only pellets it shoots accurately , and very accurately, is JSB 18,13 gr , followed by JSB Hades 15,89gr. You're going to say that all I have to do is to stick with these pellets ; I just wonder if others owners got the same results , or maybe better ones with others pellets.

Another point I found out was the gun is also fussy about the moderator . I put one I did myself years ago , using a Weirhauch mod body in which I put conical shaped plasic caps from plastic bottles and aluminium spacers ; the bore , though , is quite large for .22 cal , about 10mm ...but it works for the gun . As I try to put some other moderators like Donnyfl , Huggett ( as used on all my guns ) , the groups open indecently ... can not understand why..

So guys , if you could give me some explanations or advices about this , you'll be welcome.😃

Ataman , anyway , are still great guns in my opinion.

I put a pic of the gun ; as you can see typically a bench gun ...built like a tank , Russian way😄
IMG_1064.1614849632.JPG

When you spend a lot of money from many different airgun dealers you may even get their honest opinion about which ones are junk even if they sell them.

First hand experience can't be beat too.

I have a couple drawers of different brands and models of LDCs.

It is best to buy all of them and permanently attach the most accurate one that YOUR GUN shoots the most accurate with (IF LONG DISTANCE ACCURACY IS MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU LIKE SUB MOA).

IF shooting under 100 yards and you're not really anal about precision accuracy and don't "make your own" perfect pellets and slugs then it won't really matter which one you buy. 

Hi zouzou 

Yes , I put a picatinny rail with 2 screws in the stock ; I think it's possible to do the same on synthetic using large threads screws. I'm not very satisfied with the Sidewinder scope ; the little center cross has too thick lines , which block the viewing at long range , somewhat. 

I recently get some FX pellets , 18 gr ,which seem more accurate in my FX Crown and Dreamline than the JSB. I think FX's are made by JSB but the shape is a bit different. Wonder how they do in the Ataman ; will check this some day...

Hi zouzou 

Yes , I put a picatinny rail with 2 screws in the stock ; I think it's possible to do the same on synthetic using large threads screws. I'm not very satisfied with the Sidewinder scope ; the little center cross has too thick lines , which block the viewing at long range , somewhat. 

I recently get some FX pellets , 18 gr ,which seem more accurate in my FX Crown and Dreamline than the JSB. I think FX's are made by JSB but the shape is a bit different. Wonder how they do in the Ataman ; will check this some day...