Ataman BP17 - loving it now (arrived with very low fps)

Sean, 

That's a threaded insert that restricts the TP. Nothing to drill out. Sent you a message with more detail.

Tyler

Really? So Ataman puts in an insert that "restricts" the power to 1 FPE? Gotta wonder why anyone would want just 1fpe......maybe it's just me

Correct. It's supposed to be removed when it gets to the US, not sure why his wasn't.

Sean, 

That's a threaded insert that restricts the TP. Nothing to drill out. Sent you a message with more detail.

Tyler

Really? So Ataman puts in an insert that "restricts" the power to 1 FPE? Gotta wonder why anyone would want just 1fpe......maybe it's just me

Correct. It's supposed to be removed when it gets to the US, not sure why his wasn't.

So there are places that actually restrict air guns to 1 FPE? Seems odd to me, but maybe so.

Sean, 

Tyler

So there are places that actually restrict air guns to 1 FPE? Seems odd to me, but maybe so.

Nah, that's doubtful. Probably has something to do with customs/export in Russia, but I'm not 100% sure.

Sean, 

Tyler

I BET ITS BECAUSE HE DIDNT PAY THE TEN BUCKS. Yo!

And then you now have a gun with a TP that is threaded? What's that do to optimize the air flow? Just seems counter productive.

How's about asking good ol TYLER to send some of those threaded restrictors maybe 10 since I assume they're tossed in the trash anyway to ctshooter so he can make thread in jets of various different sized inner diameters drill them out to swap out for different power settings? I think they may be useful that way. You think? Yo!

Sean, 

Tyler

I BET ITS BECAUSE HE DIDNT PAY THE TEN BUCKS. Yo!

Hahahahaha - I never pay the $10, this is the first issue I've had.

Now that the BP is up and running I have it tuned for 15.9 gr JSB @ 800fps for the moment. Quite loud with even with the empty can on it. I stuffed some wire and foam in the empty can and it helped a bit, but the thought of sticking a DonnyFL on the end of that useless can making the gun significantly longer. That must be addressed. A measure of the outer barrel where the stock can attaches is 14.06mm - hmmm.... perfect for a DonnyFL 14mm adapter, which I had to order and will wait at least a week to arrive via snail mail. 

In the meantime I had a 16mm DonnyFL adapter I'd been messing around with in other applications. I decided to turn a 14mm to 16mm sleeve and mount the bigger adapter just to test out the theory and see how it works. Pretty awesome if you ask me. I attached a Huggett Astille with one extension to it to quiet it down significantly.

1590781908_9312146725ed167d4cb6688.45442924.jpeg

1590781918_8296524185ed167de6509d4.59883421.jpeg

BTW - I'm liking the look with the top cover off. Thinking about maybe having the barrel coated and leave it this way except for a section at the back for my cheek.

Now that the BP is up and running I have it tuned for 15.9 gr JSB @ 800fps for the moment. Quite loud with even with the empty can on it. I stuffed some wire and foam in the empty can and it helped a bit, but the thought of sticking a DonnyFL on the end of that useless can making the gun significantly longer. That must be addressed. A measure of the outer barrel where the stock can attaches is 14.06mm - hmmm.... perfect for a DonnyFL 14mm adapter, which I had to order and will wait at least a week to arrive via snail mail. 

In the meantime I had a 16mm DonnyFL adapter I'd been messing around with in other applications. I decided to turn a 14mm to 16mm sleeve and mount the bigger adapter just to test out the theory and see how it works. Pretty awesome if you ask me. I attached a Huggett Astille with one extension to it to quiet it down significantly.

1590781908_9312146725ed167d4cb6688.45442924.jpeg

1590781918_8296524185ed167de6509d4.59883421.jpeg

BTW - I'm liking the look with the top cover off. Thinking about maybe having the barrel coated and leave it this way except for a section at the back for my cheek.

It looks like it's BACKWARDS is that how it should be? Kinda looks like something you buy from Adam & Eve or Spencers. Hide it from the woman-! Yo